The Red Fades, the Fragrance Disappears; Who Will Pity It? (2)

When Xie Fei woke up, he was laying on an exquisite bed1. The light shined through the window onto the table; the purple incense burner on the table let out thin wisps of vapor. The large room suffused with the scent of sandalwood, letting people feel drowsy.

"Young Master has woken up?" Xie Fei had just lifted the covers and sat up when Lu Qi, who was guarding outside, walked in. He wore a black guard's uniform; at his waist was a top-quality sword. His footsteps were quiet, showing his martial arts were pretty good.

Xie Fei raised his eyes to look at him, the sound of his throat in the morning had a bit of bewitching magnetism. "What time is it?"

"Just past sishi2 (9-11AM)," Lu Qi said.

During their conversation, the servant girl outside already carried in a basin of water. Xie Fei rose, wearing a silk robe, and the servant girl carrying clothes at the side went to help him change. Xie Fei slightly leaned to the side to avoid her, frowning. "Lu Qi."

Lu Qi startled, looking at Xie Fei with some hesitation.

Xie Fei glanced at the servant girl carrying clothes behind him. Lu Qi understood immediately, hurriedly coming two steps forward and deftly taking the clothes to help him dress. Seeing the wronged servant girl's reddened eyes, he steeled himself to say, "You go down first."Please read this at yanyantls.wordpress.com.

The pitiful servant girl peeked at Xie Fei, not understanding why the gentle young master was so cold to her today. She wanted to say something, but seeing that pair of chilly pupils, finally left the room without protest.

After eating breakfast, Xie Fei took a book and sat on the divan, frowning slightly and absentmindedly thinking about how to help Xi Wen achieve her heart's wish. At this time, the sound of the servant girls gossiping floated in through the window.

"That Princess Anping really is pitiful. After much difficulty she got an enviable fiancé, who knew he would meet an attack on the way back to the capital and disappear."

"Exactly, I even heard those men in black were martial arts experts, Liang Shao even got hurt. I'm only afraid that everything points to disaster."

"Who said it wasn't? Hey, what do you guys think, this Princess Anping , is she maybe... a husband's death omen3?"

"You guys are idle enough to be wagging your tongues here, your work must be done already, right? You're not done and still not quickly going to work! Those who dare to be lazy had better watch their hide!"

The couple of servants who were admonished rushed to do their work. Xie Fei frowned even more— his timing was this unlucky? Xi Wen had already matched with Liang Shao; in this case, Xi Wen was sure to have fallen in love with Liang Shao like she had originally.

The news of Liang Shao's disappearance had already reached the capital, so in three months he would bring Chen Bing'er with him back to the capital to withdraw the marriage. Xie Fei would have to use these three months to break off Xi Wen's feelings.

To Xie Fei, whose love history was as pure as a white piece of paper, this was really a difficult thing. Even being stuck in a bottleneck while cultivating was not as hard as this.

Xie Fei thought and thought until his heart started to burn with anxiety. He rubbed his forehead, feeling a bit of a headache, and slightly sighed, feeling a bit regretful for agreeing to Houtu to personally come to complete the job.

Lu Qi saw the omnipotent young master worry for once, hesitated, then asked, "Young Master, if you have some worries there's no harm in saying them. This subordinate may be able to help you resolve them."