The Eldest Young Master's Gentle Wife (15)

Jiang Zhe returned to his courtyard and habitually headed to the study. 

He sat on the chair, took off his glasses, and rubbed his eyebrows. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on door. 

Jiang Zhe wore his glasses again: "Come in." 

Li Cai Wei walked in with a bowl of soup, "I heard the servants saying that you're back. I imagine you've been busy these days. I was afraid that you couldn't hold on, so I stewed some ginseng bamboo chicken stew early this morning to boost your energy and help you sleep at night." 

While talking, Li Cai Wei scooped him a small bowl, "Drink a little." 

Jiang Zhe eyes turned warm, holding the bowl with one hand, drinking it with big gulps. 

Li Cai Wei scooped him another bowl. Drinking the two bowls of soup, Jiang Zhe's empty stomach was filled, and even the cold air around his body dispersed. 

Li Cai Wei: "I'll give you a forehead massage, you can take a short nap." 

Jiang Zhe didn't respond. 

His forehead was gently and slowly massaged by a pair of cool fingers, greatly relieving fatigue. 

After a while, Jiang Zhe began to feel drowsy. 

Li Cai Wei's hands kept moving, until she determined shortly that the man had fallen asleep, before taking a blanket from the inner room and draped it over him. Inadvertently, she caught a glimpse of the eyebags under his eyes, and thought that he probably did not have a good rest for several days. 

Li Cai Wei looked lonely. She stretched out her fingers in front of the man's face, her fingers tracing his features in the air, whispering: "Jiang Zhe, what exactly are you doing?" 

Jiang Zhe slept very well. When he woke up, it was already around four in the afternoon. 

He took off the blanket on his body, folding and placing it back into the room and walked out of the study. 

Shui Gen was standing guard outside the door, saw him and quickly greeted him. 

Jiang Zhe looked at the scratches on his face, his brows were slightly wrinkled, "Concubine Shu scratched you?" 

Shui Gen stammered, not saying yes, but also not saying no.

Jiang Zhe: "Is she still causing trouble?" 

Shui Gen nodded. 

Shui Gen: "Halfway, Concubine Shu brought Second Young Master and the Eldest Miss over a few times, but you were sleeping, so I blocked them." 

Jiang Zhe growled, killing intent filling his words: "Concubine Shu didn't even put me in her eyes, yet she listened to you." 

Shui Gen: "Cough..." 

Shui Gen scratched his head, "Alright, I can't hide anything from Eldest Young Master indeed." 

Shui Gen: "Old Madam's side Zhang Ma came." 

Jiang Zhe: "Did Mother send any message along?"