Chapter 11 - Entertainment Circle Reality Show 11

At this point, how could the program continue to film? Although the cameras were on, everyone was aware that none of these were able to be broadcast. After all, if everyone knew that a participant of《Swapped Lives》was nearly kidnapped by a villager of the village that he visited, their program is done for. If this matter was to spread, could their program still film?  

Zhou Zekai and Father Zhou—Zhou Hongyi—both decided that this matter could not be resolved so lightly. Meanwhile, the old village chief had hurried over after the villagers notified him of the situation at the Yang family's house. After he arrived, he saw the two men being restrained against the floor by the cameramen. Those are the two disappointing brats of their village, they have been engaged in petty thievery since they were kids. This situation seems like they were caught by the television crew. Other people came here to film a program and donated a road to the village, what else is there that they are not satisfied with? To go as far as to steal other people's things? 

The old village chief didn't know that these two wanted to kidnap Zhou Zekai because of the astronomical-priced ginseng. If he did, he would probably be more furious.

After learning that the old village chief had arrived, the television crew manager let him in post-haste. While he was at it, he explained the ins and outs of the situation to the old village chief. At the end, he expressed that they will definitely be sent to the police station and dealt with strictly.

The old village chief was dumbstruck when he heard this. He truly hadn't thought that these two were so recklessly bold and daring. If it was merely stealing, then that's nothing much. But to do such a thing askidnapping! They cannot casually do such crazy things even if it was to their fellow villager! After the village chief learned that the television crew had already reported to the police, he also expressed the village's support of this as well as accepting an investigation.

Especially since after he found out that these two purposefully came back to kidnap this child Zhou Zekai after hearing about the ginseng, the old village chief felt both remorseful and miserable. He apologized to Zhou Zekai and Zhou Hongyi nonstop. He knew that this child is a good child. If he (ZZK) was truly to be kidnapped, the consequences are unimaginable. 

As for that ginseng, no one had dug it out when it was growing in the mountain behind the village. As soon as the kid came, he dug it out, This means that this ginseng has a connection with this child. Even if it had been someone else in his place, it was not certain that they would be able to dig it out! Hence, the old village supported Zhou Zekai's decisions.

At about 4 AM, the police finally came. After understanding the situation, they took the two hoodlums away. They also took the television crew and Zhou Zekai along to give their eyewitness testimonies. Zhou Hongyi followed along. While they were in the car, Zhou Zekai was so exhausted that he lay there and fell asleep, leaning against his father.  

Zhou Hongyi turned to look at his son. Actually this son was pretty good. Aside from the times when he normally acted like a "little tyrant",  he was often an obedient child. And he was extremely sensible. Zhou Hongyi had always thought that it had been a pretty good decision to send this child to this kind of program. However, now he regretted it. If something were to happen to his son in this program, he would never be able to forgive himself.

Regarding this matter, he had already called his own father and told him. His father (Grandpa Zhou) said that once they were done with the affairs at the police station, he should take Zhou Zekai straight home. Leave the construction of the road to the professionals to carry out.

Unbeknownst to the asleep Zhou Zekai, due to this matter, he was set to leave this little village. One week after he came here, he would leave this place and return to the big city, enjoying the luxuries of this world. 

As for Tang Bingyu who was waiting at the house, her thoughts were also all over the place. The television crew left many people behind to protect Tang Bingyu in fear that she would be bullied. They went out of their way to lend Tang Bingyu a phone for her to report her safety to her parents. If the situation was more vicious, then Zhou Zekai and Tang Bingyu's path of transformation would probably end here. 

After all, something like this has already occurred in this village. To the television crew, it was no longer a safe place. In the event that these two kids were to continue to stay here, no one would be able to take responsibility if something was to happen to them. 

It took until almost noon the next day that the television crew, Zhou Zekai, and the others returned. The police did everything that they should. Those two men were bound to be deemed guilty of attempted kidnapping. On top of that, the Zhou family's lawyer had rushed over quickly. They were probably not getting out of there for at least 8-10 years. 

And Zhou Zekai who had returned immediately saw Tang Bingyu whose eyes were sort of red.  

Contrary to Zhou Zekai who slept in his father's embrace, Tang Bingyu had been so afraid after she found out what had happened from a cameraman that she couldn't sleep that whole night. When Zhou Zekai came back, she directly went up and grabbed his hand. Her eyes were full of anticipation. 

"Zhou Zekai, let's leave. Let's not stay here anymore. I'm really scared." 

She really was afraid. In the past she merely felt that this village was extremely impoverished. Yet now, as she looked at those villagers after that poverty led people to commit crimes, she felt like they may change into bad guys in the next second. She was very afraid.  

"Bingyu, I will discuss this matter with  the television crew. Of course we can leave. However, we should also let the village chief grandpa know, understand?"  

Zhou Zekai held Tang Bingyu's hand and squeezed it. The other party understood what he meant. There were a lot of people around right now, it wasn't the time to talk about this. Hence she gritted her teeth and nodded, not speaking again. However, she didn't release her grip on Zhou Zekai's hand. 

The television crew members present were also feeling super awkward. This was the first time that they've encountered such awkward circumstances since filming started. It was awkward to go on with the show, and awkward to stop here. Thus after a long conference with the main television crew, they decided to film! They must film! However, these two participants' shots would be changed from experiencing life in the countryside to filming in the city. Under the circumstances where they had no money on their persons, see how this pair would survive in the big city. 

The television crew told this result to Tang Bingyu and Zhou Zekai, who agreed to this change. This decision also received the support of the Tang family and Zhou family. The Tang family had also rushed over here in the afternoon after they found out that something had happened over here. They were very pleased with the television crew's request, since it wouldn't be that good to stay in the village after something like this happened. 

In the end, the television crew bid the village chief goodbye and left the village under the village chief's lingering gaze. The Zhou family's construction squad naturally remained in this village and began to bring change. 

Sitting in the departing car, Tang Bingyu and Zhou Zekai held hands. With some fatigue, Zhou Zekai leaned against the seat and closed his eyes meditatively. Tang Bingyu peeked at him then looked down at their clasped hands. Suddenly, she was confounded. 

Since when did she begin to trust Zhou Zekai like this?