S E I

I looked at Serafina with wide eyes

I looked at Serafina with wide eyes. 'What? Antea is pregnant? She is pregnant again? With who?'

I could feel sadness take over me but soon enough anger started to burn in me. 'She is pregnant again but with who? Whose child is she carrying?'

I snapped my head to the Marino as he cleared his throat "Sh-she is pregnant?" He asked no one in particular while looking around the table.

"Umm, I'm gonna go." Serafina said with an apologetic smile while turning around and walking towards her seat.

"Didn't.. umm, didn't she lose a baby?" Dante asked looking at me making me nod my head.
"Yeah, she did." I said as I looked at Emiliano in my arms "Oh, for fuck sake." I groaned.

I felt a hand on my shoulder so I lifted my head locking my eyes with my mother's which were filled with tears.
"Don't react before you know everything, let her explain and tell us more about herself." She said and I nodded mutely at her, understanding what she meant by that.

As on clue, Emiliano squealed "mama" making all of us snap our attention towards the restroom door. There side by side stood Antea and Daniel, turning in our direction they made their way towards us.

I couldn't keep my eyes from trailing over her figure. She looked beautiful like always but as she walked closer my eyes fell on her stomach. Now when I looked better at her I could actually see a small baby bump that looked barely noticeable under her dress. Just the thoughts of her bearing someone else's child made my heart hurt.

"Don't do or say something that you will regret later." That was the last thing mom said as she walked back to her seat.

"Hi." Antea said timidly with a small smile as she sat down on a seat that Daniel pulled out for her. We were all still at the loss of the words so we only nodded at her.

"Hi, sweetie. Are you feeling better?" Mother asked while looking at her concerned.

"Yeah," Antea started "I'm better. I'm sorry for dashing like that." She apologized looking at mom sadly.
"It's okay sweetie." Mom said and after that, we fell into silence.

My mind was still in overdrive over the fact that she.. my Antea, mio amore is pregnant?

The silence around us started to get more uncomfortable by passing seconds and Daniel started to be aware of it so he turned to Antea.
"Are you gonna tell them?" He asked silently making Antea's head snap at him.

"Umm, I don't know." She said silently while looking at him. Emiliano suddenly wiggled out of my arms and went towards Antea wrapping his little arms around her.

"Up." He squealed making her chuckle while lifting him into her lap.
"Is that okay?" she asked and kissed him on a cheek making him burst into a fit of a giggle.

"Antea." My mother called her silently "What happened? Did you get sick or something?" She asked acting unaware and confused but Antea quickly shook her head.
"No, miss..." she started but mother cut her off quickly.
"Please call me Isabella."