T R E N T A D U E

- ᴀ

- ᴀ.s.

Taking a deep breath I enjoyed the warmth of summer sun on my skin and the smell of freshly trimmed grass. Warm weather is exactly what I needed these days especially after being in bed for so long.

My head lulled from side to side letting my hair fly on the soft breeze. It became longer since I cut it when I first woke up in that hospital.

Taking another deep breath I opened my eyes gazing at the garden in front of me. Loud giggles made me snap my head towards the right where running Emiliano was playing with Bellissa.

They all came here last week from Italy to spend some time together. Although the moment they came Giovanni went with guys in Xavier's office and they didn't leave it till late hours last night.

He is acting weird these days. He would zone off most of the time and would spend most of his time in the house office like before...

My eyes on their own lifted from Emiliano to the line of trees behind them. The line next to which we stood the first time we were kidnapped.

In the past couple of weeks, my memory came back almost fully. I remember everything from coming here to leaving for Italy. The stay in Italy is where it all stops, I remember the first couple of days but after that is nothing, zero.

I spoke with my doctor and she said that that's probably caused by my brain trying to push away some kind of trauma. And that trauma must be the miscarriage.

When I would ask Xavier to tell me more about it he would start to act strange. His whole posture would go rigid, he would constantly shift in his seat and generally look uncomfortable and... scared. And if I ask him more questions he would switch theme without me even noticing. It's like he is hiding something, but why? From who? Me?

"Antea.." Bellissa's small voice brought me back to the present causing me to switch my eyes on her seeing her approaching me.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked upon seeing her nervously twirling her hair with her fingers and look at me with a sad expression. That is the exact expression she would use whenever she looks at me.

"I'm fine. I wanted to ask you how are you? Are you okay? Do you need anything?"
"I'm fine. Just feeling tired." Smiling to reassure her I turned my eyes on Emiliano on the floor next to our legs.

"If you want I can watch Emiliano and you go rest. You know what Xavier said, you need all the rest you can get. And beside doctor said same, you shouldn't do much and tired yourself." She insisted with worry in her voice.

"Are you sure? I don't want to-" before I could finish my speech she cut in.

"I'm totally sure. You should go rest and take care of yourself and your baby. We will be fine, right Emi? We will go play on the swing and then go watch some cartoon?"