D O D I C I

We spent the last two weeks in Italy with Matteo's family

We spent the last two weeks in Italy with Matteo's family. Well, I could almost say that I spent two weeks with Xavier and Emiliano. I was most of my time with them. Just like now.

We were currently walking down the piazza Navona. Xavier didn't want to let me go home without seeing Rome first. And let me tell you, it's the best idea, it's so beautiful here. Everything is full of life.

We were walking side by side with Emiliano between us, holding each of our hands.

"Do you like it?" Xavier asked turning his head to look at me with a smile.

"I love it." I said looking at him "It's so beautiful here.." I said trailing off a little on the end. Xavier caught on that and lifted his brow at me.
"But?"

"But I would like it a bit more if Daniel came with us." I said sadly on which his eyes darkened a bit.

Ever since that incident two weeks ago, during the dinner, it's been quiet. Apparently what I understood so far is that Matteo and Daniel got in some kind of fight. But no one wanted to tell me a thing about it.

"He and Matteo decided to fix their.. umm problems so they stayed behind. But we will meet them back home, okay carina?" He said making me blush.
("... pretty girl?")

"Okay." I muttered turning to look at the fountain in front of us "Isn't it pretty?" I looked down at Emiliano who giggled looking around him.

As on cue, my stomach grumbled making Xavier alter. "Are you hungry? Why didn't you told me before, we would stop to eat." He said as he looked around, I suppose he was looking for a place to go.

"I'm not hungry." I said chuckling "..my stomach just makes weird noises these days."

He looked at me like he was not buying it. "Whatever you say. But let's go down this side there should be one small and quiet restaurant. Maybe you will be hungry when we got there." He said winking at me.

"Okay." I said as we started to slowly walk. The walk must be too slow for Xavier as he took Emiliano and put him on his hip carrying him. He had one arm securely wrapped around Emiliano while his other one snaked around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"That's better.." He muttered under his breath "now we will be faster. " he said with a chuckle making me laugh a little.

I could smell his cologne at how close we were. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it would jump out of my rib cage. And my hands were sweating at my sides.

After not that long walk we were in front of the restaurant. And just like Xavier said it was small and cozy. There weren't many people inside so we were quick to find ourselves a table. The restaurant seemed to be a family one.

We didn't wait a long before a not that tall man with an apron emerged from the kitchen. He made his way toward our direction and grinned at us.

"Ciao Xavier, non ti vedevo da molto tempo." The man said as he shook a hand with Xavier.
("Hello Xavier, I didn't saw you for a long time.")