D I E C I

We were sitting in the living room when Daniel cleared his throat which brought our attention to him

We were sitting in the living room when Daniel cleared his throat which brought our attention to him. "Umm, I have a question." He said looking at Dante who nodded his head silently telling him to continue. "Isn't your last name Torelli?" He asked making Dante clench his fist at the side.

Taking a deep breath Dante looked at me then at Marino who was rubbing a hand over his face "I think we need to talk." He said looking at Daniel.
"Okay. What's up?" Daniel said propping his elbows on his knees.

"Before I start I want to say. Listen to me till the end. Okay?" Dante said making Daniel's frown deepened but he nodded nonetheless.
"You are kind of scaring me." He chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, well...okay, so remember when we met in Venice and we.." Dante showed to himself and Marino "..introduced ourselves as Matteo and Angelo. Well, that was a lie." Dante said causing Daniel to stand up from his seat.

"What?" He looked at guys with confusion and anger "What the hell are you talking about? You lied?" He asked but Dante was quick to shake his head along with Marino.

"It wasn't everything a lie. Just sit down and let us talk." Marino said calmly making Daniel obey.
Sitting down Daniel turned his head back to Dante "Speak." That was all he said.

Dante looked at me and Moreno than at Antea's brother "Our family was in some kind of problems because of which we needed to change our names." A lie smoothly fell from his lips "And you met as at that time. Later when we got back to our real names we... I don't know.. it simply.. we didn't want to put you into the danger."

"So what're your real names?"
"Well, I'm not Matteo Torelli but Dante Del Re." Dante said making Daniel nod.

"And I'm not Angelo Zotti but Marino Rocca. " Marino explained.

"Okay. And you guys, you have anything?" Daniel said looking at me and Moreno but we only shook our heads.

"No, we are good." Moreno said with an amused look playing on his face.

"Is your names the only thing that you lied about?" Daniel asked after a short silence.
Dante looked at him and he was about to answer that but Marino beat him in that.

"Kind of." He said making Daniel look at him in confusion and annoyance.
"Kind of?"

"Yeah. Well, we lied to you about our life.." Marino started but Dante cut him.
"Don't. "

"What don't? Look don't get me wrong but you have ten seconds to tell me what is happening or so help me God I will do something I'm gonna regret. " Daniel said making me smirk. He's a tough guy. I like him.

"I trust him." Marino said looking at Dante who nodded back.
"Me too. But I don't want him in this mess, you know what happened with.." Dante trailed of but Marino caught on to what he was on about.