S E D I C I

I was awoken by soft hands that were creasing my face

I was awoken by soft hands that were creasing my face. Slowly pulling my eyes open I was met with Emiliano's big blue eyes. He looked at me in curiosity but when he realized that I'm awoken he croaked a big grin.

"Good morning, little one." I whispered with a groggy voice smiling at him "What are you doing up this early?" Asking I looked at my phone seeing that it's only 6 am.

Last night Emiliano didn't want to leave so I proposed to Xavier to stay the night here, to which he agreed. Emiliano didn't want to leave my side so Xavier let him sleep with me in my room while he slept in the room next to us.

He even said that if I want he can take him away to his room so he doesn't hurt me or the baby when the baby boy falls asleep. However, I didn't have the heart to do that, to let him take him away from me.

I don't know. Maybe it's maternal instinct, but when I looked at him scrunched next to me looking so little and fragile I couldn't tell Xavier to take him away.

So instead I let him sleep with me, he didn't move an inch through the whole night. He kept my shirt in a tight hold with his little fists while being curled in my side.

It was a little uncomfortable to sleep like that, simply because I was scared that I will crush him if I move but I didn't mind.

"Mama." Emiliano squealed bringing me back to the present. It's so weird to hear him call me mama but he constantly calls me that. Don't get me wrong it's cute, however, I don't want to have any problems with his real mom.

Smiling at him I got up from bed "Are you going to help me make breakfast?" I asked him on which he nodded his little head and extended his arms for me to pick him up.

"Wait for me here a second, okay? I need to go to  the bathroom quickly." I said pecking his hands and quickly making my way into the bathroom.

After I finished my business I returned to the room where I found Emiliano in the same place where I left him. He is so calm boy, that it's so weird to see. Usually, kids his age would throw a fit at any second but not him.

"Let's go." I exclaimed taking his hand and leading him into the kitchen. "We are going to make a breakfast, are you going to help me make it?" I asked helping him climb on the chair. Although he didn't like that spot so he continued to climb until he was sitting in the middle of a kitchen island.

"Okay, we can work like that." I said with a chuckle while getting groceries out of the fridge and putting them on the counter.

"What do you want to eat, huh?" I asked Emiliano leaning on the island. He looked at me than at ingredients pointing his little finger at eggs. "You want that I made you eggs?" I asked him again causing him to nod his head in approval. "Okay then."

. . .

Time flew by really fast and in no time we finished making breakfast. The only thing that was left was to make a salad.