V E N T I S E I

— ᴀ

— ᴀ.s.

"Matteo? Angelo?"
"..Matteo? Angelo? What are you speaking sweetheart this is my son Dante and Moreno's brother Marino."

I jolted up from the nightmare feeling a world spin around me. Slowly I blinked my eyes open trying to focus my eyes back to normal from the blur in which I am now.

My head was spinning making a feeling of nausea hit me like a truck, and my muscles along with my bones felt like they were made out of jelly. Placing a shaky hand over my head I could feel my head pulsing caused by a painful headache.

'Dante. Marino. Dante. Marino. Dante. Marino.' The names rang in my head making tears burn my eyes.

That must be a nightmare. It can't be true. They wouldn't lie to me. They are like my older brother, just like Daniel. They wouldn't do something like that to me. It was a nightmare, just a simple bad dream, that couldn't be a memory.

A lot happened today and that's why I'm having bad dreams. But however much I told myself that that's not true and that it's just in my head, I couldn't shake an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Slowly I pulled my legs over the edge of the bed and let them touch the floor carefully trying not to make any quick and sharp moves that would cause pain in my head to grow.

Starting up I blinked my tears a couple of times and swiped my eyes over the room in search of Xavier remembering that he told me that he will be here when I woke up. But instead of him, I was met with an empty room. There was no one.

Over the ringing, in my ears, I could hear shuffling and mumbling in front of the bedroom door. Easing myself from the safety of the bed I made wobbling steps towards the doors only to hear Xavier's and Matteo's voices.

Their voices sounded concerned yet angry. They seemed to talk about me, about my memory. I battled with myself about listening to their conversation or just opening the door and beg Matteo to tell me that I was right. That it was all just a nightmare.

Sniffling a couple of times I grabbed a hold of a door handle still listening to their conversation.
"Remembered? Remembered what? Everything? Her memories came back?"
"No, she only remembered about the mafia. About the first time, I told her of it."

Not wanting to listen to their conversation any longer because of pain that started to worsen. I put a hand on my head turned the doorknob at the same time Matteo mumbled "So she doesn't remember my nam-".

I opened the door wider fixing my barely opened eyes on Matteo's figure. 'He didn't mean to say what I think he did right? He wouldn't.'

I didn't even realize Xavier came to my side until he didn't wrap his arm around my body keeping me stabilized.

"Why?" I croaked feeling myself on the verge of collapsing. My legs felt week like they were boneless. I could hear Xavier say something but I couldn't recognize the words he used.