T R E N T A Q U A T T R O

— ᴀ

— ᴀ.s.

'He proposed. I can't believe this is actually happening. Is that the reason for him acting weird all this time.'

Pulling away I looked at him getting down on one knee again, but my eyes caught a sigh of a man approaching us from behind Xavier. He was just a couple of feet behind him and his aura screamed power.

His dark hair with some gray strands shone on the summer sun while his lips curled in a merciless smirk that caused my blood to run cold. That smirk. That's.. he is-

My eyes widened as a realization of the person's identity came into my brain. I could practically feel the blood leaving my face and scared paleness take over my features.

I couldn't move. I couldn't scream. All I did was stare helplessly at the monster behind Xavier. Pressing my eyes tightly shut I prayed to whatever there is that this is a dream, a really bad dream, a dream I so desperately want to wake up from because the monster that destroys everything is finally here.

Opening my eyes I looked at Xavier's clenched jaw and a blank look on his face as a metal barrier of a gun is press against the back of his head.

"Ty ne vozrazhayesh', yesli ya prisoyedinyus' k tebe? Ya ne bespokoyu, ne tak li?" Devil's rough voice came out in a jokingly manner but instead, it hit me like the biggest nightmare.
("Do you mind if I join you? I don't bother, do I?")

My eyes snapped at him, looking at him helplessly while his eyes skimmed over me with an amused expression glued on his face.

"Run." Xavier hissed looking at me, however, before I could even move an inch I saw Aleksei swung a gun and hit Xavier's head with the back of it, sending him flying flat on the grass.

"I don't think so, kukolka." A feeling of cold, rough hands wrapping itself around me prevented me from running away. It's not like I would run away, I can't move, my body feels like it's frozen in the spot. And on the other hand, I would never leave Xavier alone here with him, even though I know I'm not much of help.

I looked at Xavier how he started straightening himself from the floor but before he could stand up to his full height a muzzle of a gun was pressed against my temple. "Ah-ah," from the corner of my eye I caught Aleksei shake his head at Xavier "don't stand up unless you want her blood over the backyard."

His words made Xavier stay in a kneeling position while his face morphed in pure agony and fury.
"What are you doing here? Did you come here to die?" He asked looking at Aleksei.

"You could say something like that. I came here to gather long waited for payment." Devils joked not taking his eyes of Xavier and pulling my body closer to his.

"Don't. Let her go, this is between us." I could see a silent plea in his eyes as he looked at the devil behind me.

"Could we now?" A laugh broke Aleksei's throat, it wasn't pleasant to hear and sounded more like the demonic scream in my ear causing me to flinch at the loudness and try to pull away from him. However, he only tightened his hold on me bringing me closer to his chest, and pressed a gun harder against my skin.