Q U A T T O R D I C I

I sighed as I leaned on the chair in my office

I sighed as I leaned on the chair in my office. My stay here in New York extended for a whole month.

When we first came here it was supposed to be only a day or two stays. But instead, there happened a complication and we need to stay longer.

And under a complication, I mean on that pieces of shit. Fucking Aleksei and his little banda. They are back again.

They tried to steal one of our armory shipments from Italy. Tried. They didn't succeed in their task.

And that I can only thank Marino. He was there already waiting for the shipment to come along with Moreno when they decided to attack.
Most of them got away and the ones that didn't were killed.

The knocking on the door snapped my attention at the entrance "Come in." I muttered and watched as Dante entered in.

"Ciao." He greeted me while walking towards my desk and taking a seat in a chair in front.
"Ciao? What brought you here?" I asked not knowing what would he do here.

"What? I can't see my brother anymore?" He said making me snort at him. Lifting an eyebrow at him asking him mutely 'Really?' On which he just smiled innocently and shook his head.

"Okay, okay, Fabio called all of us to come to your office."
"Why?" I asked dumbfounded about this meeting.

He shrugged his shoulders "I don't know. Something about Russians as far as I know."
"Oh, okay then. When will they be here?"

He looked at his watch then back at me. "Around fifteen minutes, they shouldn't take longer than that." I nodded my head in acknowledgment and took one of the files from the table to go through it.

The silence fell over us as I listed through it, but it didn't last long because Dante decided to break it. "Did you talk with Antea today?" He asked making me smile.

Ever since they left Italy we would speak over the phone on daily basis. We would or speak over phonecall or I would call her on a video call so Emiliano could see her and speak to her.

I swear she gets more and more beautiful over every video call we had. We spoke over a video call while she was cooking so I saw her baby bump which got bigger than the last time I saw her.

"We texted each other this morning but I didn't call her. I will probably call her when I'm with Emiliano so he can see her." I said with a big grin.

He chuckled at me "You fell too deep for her."
"I did." I said not missing a beat.
"You didn't tell her still, did you? About you two?"

Shaking my head slowly my smile flattened "No, I didn't. I'm trying to tell her that.. but.. umm, slowly.. I don't want to scare her away. I thought about telling her when we go visit them next week."

"Oh, so is it definitely that we are going next week?" He asked making me nod at him.

"Yeah, I will finish all my job here till the end of this week, so we could leave on Monday maybe even this Sunday.." I trailed of uncertainly about the day we will go.