V E N T I Q U A T T R O

— x

— x.ᴅ.ʀ.

'She is dreaming her memories...'

If her memory is coming back, that means that she is gonna sooner or later remember everything. And I can't let myself be in the position of losing her.

It would be better if I tell her about everything. But where should I start and how? What can I tell her without scaring her away? Without jeopardizing her contrition and the baby's life.

Just like the first time, this could go or really good or really bad. I hope it goes well, I'm not in a position to risk anything with her anymore. I wouldn't stay a chance if she leaves me or gets in the same state as months ago.

"Talk? About what?" Her voice holds the edge in it, it sounded like she was concerned yet curious.

"We should talk about us. About.. about my job or profession or however, you want to call it."

"You are CEO, right? You own company?" She asked frowning making me nod.

"Yes, I am CEO but there is more." I said averting my eyes on the floor and rubbing a hand over my face.
"More?"

"Yes. There are things you don't know about me, well actually the things you don't remember about me. They are not the nicest. But before, you knew those things and you were.. umm, let's say okay with it. I mean, umm.. ugh, how do I explain-"

Her chuckle stopped my attempt of explanation. "You are acting like you were some kind of bad guy." 'Oh if you only knew.' "Breath." Her words calmed my racing heart and caused my lips to tug at corners.

"Okay. Now that you are calm slowly tell me." She said as she grabs a hold of my hand in hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"I don't want to scare you, but at the same time, I can't keep this from you. You already knew my line of business and.. ugh, you didn't have any connection with it but.." '..you got hurt.'

"But?"
Our eyes locked and I got lost in them. In her.

"Do you trust me?" I questioned holding her stare and interweaving our fingers causing her to tilt her head.

"Wha- Xavier I think that you are overreacting. Whatever you are doing it can't be that bad. Just tell me."

"Please just answer me. Do you trust me?" I begged to make her eyes soften.

"Of course I do. I wouldn't be here if I don't. Just take a deep breath and calmly tell me what is bothering you." Her soft voice made me crack a smile however that smile disappeared after her next words. "It's not like you are a serial killer."

"Yeah.." I nervously chuckled while scratching the back of my neck with my free hand. "Not serial one.." I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"
"Nothing. I just want to tell you that.." sighing I continued "I'm glad that you trust me and I want you to know that.. that I love you." Her eyes widened in shock at my admittance which made me pull her against me.