V E N T I

— x

— x.ᴅ.ʀ.

I looked at how Antea's shoulders slumped downward along with her head and she fridges with her fingers in her lap.

She was anxious, afraid, and sad. I could see right through her. She was overwhelmed with everything that happened today and I understand completely. This is like deja vu from last time when she finds out about family business and guys' real names.

What I don't know is 'what is scaring her? Why is she even scared? Is she overthinking something and that is making her anxious? Or is it me? Is she scared of me, staying alone with me with no one else?'

I saw her take a deep breath and lift her head to look at Daniel "Okay. When are we leaving?" She asked timidly but I could hear tiny cracks in her voice.

"Well," Daniel started while turning his eyes towards me "we should leave to-today?"

"Si, we should go today." I said nodding at him making her avert her eyes to me.

"To-today?" She stammered looking at me with wide eyes. Something in me broke when I saw her eyes fill with tears that were threatening to spill.

"Yeah, but we don't need to go if you don't want to go-" I started saying in an attempt of calming her down.

However, she blinked a couple of times and got up from her seat "No, no it's okay. I'm gonna go and get my suitcase ready." She exclaimed walking towards the hallway.

"Do you need help? I can help you if you want." Maya chipped in with sorry in her eyes but Antea only shook her head and exited the room without another word leaving us in a somehow unsettling atmosphere.

"Well, that didn't go well." Daniel said rubbing a hand over his face. "Can you go to her, please?" He asked Maya with a sad look on which she immediately nodded.

"Of course I can." Exclaiming she got up and placed a kiss on his cheek before exiting the room.

"This is for her wellbeing, right?" He questioned after some quiet moments looking me in the eyes.

"Si. Of course, it's for her good, I would never want to harm her, neither our child. I thought that you realized that till now. And the only way to keep her safe.." glancing at the door to make sure Antea was nowhere near I turned my attention back to Daniel ".. the only way is to keep her close to me."

"Okay. I'm gonna go talk to her." He said as he started to make his way toward the hallway but I stopped him by grabbing a hold of his arm.

"You stay I'm gonna go and talk to her."

Getting near the doors of her room I heard shuffling inside. Knocking softly I entered the room after I heard quiet 'come in'.

There she stood in front of the closet with her head tilted to the side in confusion. Her eyes fell on me when I entered and for a second I saw a flash of sadness cross her features.