Chapter 17

Logan's P.O.V

We couldn't find it, I jumped off a fucking plane and all I got to show for it is a puking baby and a worn out teddy bear.

He ruined my shirt and all I wanted to do was play with him but no he just had to throw up all over me.

That little fucking shit.

It's just a baby

Did I even do that when I was a kid?

I would've asked my Mom but she wasn't there...

A knock sounds through my room, yes the silence here is so loud. The door opens a bit and Brian's head pops in through the opening.

"We have to go to the Agency," he says and I nod in understanding.

When I 'took a break' from being an assassin I noticed something.

I was a sad, lonely as fuck girl with no friends whatsoever unless you can count my golden laced guns.

They stood by me in the darkest of times.

Well they were forced to so they can't exactly be counted as loyal.

No one asked you Karen.

I have other weapons that they don't know about hidden under my bed, it's not the best hiding place but it's working.

I get up and go and change out of my oversized sweater and fuzzy socks.

Yes I do sleep with my socks on, I guess it is true what they say about people who wear socks to bed, they can't be trusted.

I wear black leggings, combat boots and an oversized white t-shirt so not much difference.

I meet the rest in the car as we drive off towards to the Agency with Brian and London holding hands the entire time, at least their relationship is going well even with London's panic attacks.

I found out about them, it's funny how I notice a lot of things even the slightest change in character but I guess that's justified by me having been trained as an assassin.

We arrive and go straight to my mom's office, the only place I am allowed to go to, kidding.

I'm actually not though, people here fear me and I won't lie it's how I like it to be.

"What are we going to do about the baby?" she asks as we sit down then I turn my gaze to the baby whose sleeping in the corner of the room which has been turned into a small rectangular play room.

I notice his with the same teddy bear hugging it tightly.

"You adopted two girls I think you're capable of handling another," I say and only after I said it did I see how mean that came out.

I don't care.

I stand up and walk over to the sleeping figure, what's up with this teddy bear, who in their right mind will still hold onto it and cherish it like that.

A fucking baby who else.

Not the time Karen.

I reach over to take it slowly making sure not to wake him up.

I examine it and wonder how he could reject a beautiful teddy bear that I bought for him for this piece of crap.

At least its soft I guess, except for the back part I guess that's the zipper.

I turn it around and see no zipper at all but what I do see is a poorly done stitch right across it.

I go back to where everyone is still talking and I can feel their stares on me.