Chapter 30

That dress would be perfect without my fucking knee brace.

I look down at it contemplating removing it or keeping it on, it can't be that bad right?

I barely feel anything when I walk so I guess removing it for one night wouldn't hurt anyone.

But yourself

Stop being such a Karen it's going to be fine.

I remove my knee brace then walk around the room. Okay so it will take some time to get used to but I think I'm good.

I quickly strip then put on the red dress. The two thigh high slits are what I love the most and the cleavage shown is just fucking perfect.

I put on the heels Eva gave me aswell and quickly  look in the mirror before walking out.

I look hot.

Yeah you surprisingly do.

It's not surprising I look good everyday.

Don't lie to yourself.

Fuck off

I walk to the ballroom where everyone is most likely to be.

I heard later on tonight there'll be an auction. First it will be random shit then the other one are for mini dates, I also heard that they'll pick randomly whose going to be auctioned off for the mini dates.

No one knows I'm here so I think I'll be good.

How sure are you about that?

Not that sure.

I start going down the stairs actually being careful looking down at my feet not wanting to fall face first on the stairs infront of everyone.

I don't hear voices anymore so I briefly look up to see everyone staring at me. Oh fucking shit.

I stay calm and act as if I'm meant to be here, I doubt I'm even on the list of people who are supposed to be here.

Okay now this is just creepy don't they have other things to do other than looking at me?

I doubt I even have the best dress on

Through all the eyes I finally lock eyes with Blake– did I purposefully look for him? Yes most definitely– and I immediately glare at him, I see him furrowing his eyebrows in confusion as if he doesn't know what he did wrong.

You little fucking shit.

Josh meets me at the bottom of the stairs taking my hand and kissing it then putting his hand behind my lower back as we walk together.

He became my ‘date’ because I didn't have anyone else to go with. Come to think of it I shouldn't just be angry at Blake, my mom too.

She's the one who paired them up, what fucking game is she playing at. She knows the ‘situation’ between Blake and I but she still chose to do that to me.

So what's happening between you and Blake is a situation?

Really Karen that's all you got from that?

“Do you want something to drink?”

“Something alcoholic,” I say

“You can't drink your problems away,” Josh says

“I can try,”

He grabs two champagne glasses from the waiter passing us and I send him a quick thank you before scanning the area.

I meet Blake's eyes again and he has his hand behind Carla's back holding her close.

Three girls, first Dawn who I wasn't exactly bothered about her being with Blake at the time but still then Skylar who I also didn't care about but she did try to kill me so there's that and lastly Carla she's not a bad person and she didn't actually do anything wrong to me I guess if I think about it, but it just bugs me for some reason.