Chapter 26

A few weeks pass and I'm finally allowed to get out of this place.

The smart thing to do is sneak past everyone and run away but with Blake not  leaving my side that's pretty much impossible.

The thing is I made myself a target when I fought in the Bloodfight, pretty dumb idea now that I think about it.

A lot of people will obviously want to kill me or at least see the girl who beat up their undefeated, powe—

We get it don't have to fucking brag.

I just got cut off by the voice in my head, that makes perfect sense.

A nurse helps me change into my clothes which technically I didn't really need her help but she was very convincing.

She said she will give you a lollipop if you let her help you.

Who doesn't like lollipops.

“We will first have to put this specially designed knee brace before you go. It will help stabilize and support your knee and minimize the risk of re-injury,” the doctor says whilst the nurse puts it on me, I actually thought it would be more complicated to put on.

She hands me crutches and I quickly get on my feet and make my way to the door

“Please be easy on that leg and if you feel pain or discomfort take the tablets I gave to Blake and be sure to come back for your weekly check-ups,” he says and I quickly nod and get out.

Finally, oh how I have missed the sunlight.

That's not sunlight you dip shit those are the lightbulbs on ceiling.

Oh, you could have said that nicer Karen.

“Are you sure you want to walk on your own,” Blake asks walking beside me

“Pretty sure,”

“I could grab a wheelchair,”

“Not needed,”

“I could carry you,”

“I said I'm fine I don't need anyone's help!” I snap

Everyone has been doing shit for me for weeks now and I'm tired of it. I like doing things by myself I don't fucking need anybody

You do need Blake.

No I don't

Yes you do

Fuck off

I feel hands on my waist and before I know it my feet are off the ground just great, like seriously great I really wanted to be carried.

Bipolar much?

My legs go around his waist and I carry my crutches with one hand while the other goes over his shoulder. When I can't resist it anymore I rest my head on the crook of his neck, damn he smells amazing.

When we reach his car he opens it with one hand still carrying me, then he gently puts me in the passenger seat.

He looks at my lips and I feel the urge to lick them so I do. He start leaning in and I actually let him, when he is almost there I start closing my eyes awaiting his lips to meet mine but they never do.

I open my eyes and see him putting my seat belt on. That little shit.

“Can’t have you flying out the car,” he teases knowing fully well what he just did.

Well fuck him I didn't want to kiss him anyway

Sure you didn't.

Whose side are you on Karen.