Chapter 21

Eva's P.O.V

We were on our way ‘home’.

Its funny how it actually felt like home when everyone was here, now? Not so much.

“So where are we going,” Asher asks breaking the comfortable silence that had settled.

“I’m going to stay and try to salvage what's left of the team,” I say, someone has to.

“What are you talking about, there's no team left,”

“You don't know that for sure, there might be a chance that everyone's going to come back they just need time to think and to calm down,” I say

“So where would we go whilst everyone's taking a break,” he asks seriously

“I don't know about you but I’m staying here with Josh,” I say slowly trying to avoid what's to come next.

“Why are you still with that asshole,” and here we go again.

“He’s not an asshole,” I say then we continue the drive in silence, he gave up easily this time.

We get home and when we get in the sound of suitcases hit my ears. I see Brian and London coming towards the door ready to leave.

“Brian, before you go  I just want you to know that you should understand what you're losing by walking out that door, you should see wether it's more important to walk away or stay here fighting for what you love,” I say

He looks down,“We’ve been with each other for a long time maybe change will be for the best,”

Asher glares at him before going upstairs to most probably pack his own bags, Brian then  walks out without so much as a second glance.

London comes to me and pulls me into a hug,“Don’t worry he'll be back by the end of the week,” she whispers

“And how will you manage to do that?”

“I have my ways,” she says with a devious smirk then she too goes.

Why does everything have to fall apart, can't they see that we're losing everything by just giving up and walking away, don't they fucking understand.

Asher comes down and heads for the door “Please don't go I need you here, I can't do this on my own,” I say my voice coming out desperate.

“Maybe this is for the best, and your not on your own you have Josh,”he says the last part through gritted teeth.

He comes and kisses me on the cheek before walking out the door leaving me all alone.

Some time later

I go downstairs to whip up something to eat, maybe food will make me forget all my problems.

I see Blake sitting on the kitchen island nursing a bottle of whisky, to say I'm shocked is an understatement. Didn't he go with Logan?

“You’re still here?” I say passing him

“Yeah, Logan is still pissed. What I'm scared of now is that she's going to go on a killing rampage,” he says then looks at me,“How are things going with you and Josh,”

I know the only reason he's asking it to change the subject.

“Good I think,” I say,

“Does Asher still think he's cheating on you?” he asks and I nod

“Is he cheating on you,”

“Well he’s sweet, loves cuddles and the only wrong things he has ever done are to sleep early resulting in not talking to me only to get to school on time and only doesn't call me back when he's studyi—,” okay that does not make sense.