Chapter 31

I get off the stage and walk back to my table meeting the eyes of my smirking dad.

That little shit.

I sit down glaring at him hoping that fire will just come out of my eyes and onto him, melting his face.

“Lets go,” he says standing up and I just stare anywhere but him.

“Please,” he says gruffly while taking my hand then he looks at my mom,“ we'll talk later,”

We walk towards the gardens and then take a seat on the bench overlooking it.

“Such a beautiful sight,” he says

He's stalling.

“I know you didn't bring me here to talk about flowers,” I deadpan then he chuckles

“Fine then what do you want to know?”

“How long have you known that I'm your daughter?”

“For months now, the day I knocked you out at that school you're going to was when I confirmed it,”

That was him??

“You let them hurt me,” I state, I remember how hard it was  escaping that place, I had a shit ton of injuries too.

“I did what I had to do, if anyone  so much as thought that I was going soft on you they would've known you mean something to me and would've come after you to get to me,”

Not everything is about you

“If someone came after me I will handle them myself all on my own I don't need you doing shit for me,” I say angrily

“I realised that but I'm still your father and its my job to protec—,”

“It was your job years ago not anymore, I needed you years ago and you weren't there!” the anger I've fucking carried for most of my life just bursts out mixed with a tinge of pain and hurt.

“I thought you were dea—”

“Why do you guys always say that, did you even bother to look for me before you came to that realisation? You let my grandfather raise me, you know what he's like he fucking beat your ass too,”

“Firstly I let him do that, and I did look for you, for both of you but I didn't find shit, I thought he killed you and your mother so I—,”

“Went on a killing spree?” I mutter

“Yeah that,”

You all are the same

Yeah and it's fucking weird

“Your grandfather said I must not try and find you guys and that if I do he was going to kill both of you but that didn't stop me from looking until he sent pictures of your mom covered in blood, she looked dead so I knew I had to back off incase he hadn't killed you too, even if that didn't stop me it was like you guys disappeared into the face of the earth,”

So that's he's excuse

More like reason

The fact that he didn't find me or my mom for that matter makes it an excuse.

What I don't get now is my grandfather said my mom dumped me by a river and left me there to die, he filled me with everything that made me resent my mom now I wonder was he lying?

Was everything he said to me a lie just to get me to follow him?

You'll have to find out.

“So you're telling me a level 5 assassin can't find a woman and a baby?” I ask