Confrontation

"Nothing?"
Agent Jones looked at the two boys through the window. The blond was looking back at her, but showed no emotions, while the other sat huddled in his chair. Wanda shook her head.
"One of them has a psionic ability and is blocking me"
"But it doesn't make sense. They are both multi-marked. How could they be strong enough to keep you away?"
Another agent came into the room.
"How is the interrogation?"
She asked.
"Bad. The brats refuses to talk and one of them is apparently strong enough to keep the Scarlet Witch out of their heads"
The male answered.
"What is it?"
Jones asked. Magnussen walked closer to the window to get a better look. The blond gave her the same cold stare, while the other didn't look up.
"Do you have any names?"
She asked.
"We're working on it. Why? Is there something you're not telling us?"
The female agent looked away. For the past few months that her and Jones had worked together he had never seen her uneasy, but right now she looked generally shocked. Scared even.

"I recognise one of them.."
She said quietly, but they both heard her. Wanda didn't really know where to put herself. She wished that her brother was here so she wouldn't have to witness this clearly emotional moment.
"What.. which one?"
"The brown haired. We lived in the same neighbourhood. He was still very young when I moved out, but it's him"
Jones looked back at the boys. The brown haired hadn't looked up once. It was impossible to recognise him by face, but he quickly realised how she could recognise him.
"Are you sure?"
Wanda asked. She was fiddling with her hands and kept looking towards the door.
"You can go now miss Maximoff"
Jones said. She gave a short nod before leaving. None of them spoke as the sound of her boots against the floor could be heard.
"Mira.."
The male said but the other agent didn't look at him.
"I didn't think his marks would look like that, but the blue suits him"
She walked towards the door but he stopped her.
"You can't..."
But he trailed off. They both had the right to interrogate them. He was just so used to it being him doing that. He also didn't want her to get hurt, even though that was a stupid thought. She had been here longer than him and even helped him train.
"I'll talk to him, Roy. Maybe he'll open up to a childhood friend"
He watched in silence as she walked in. The boys sat still. The blond just glaring, the other still in his foetal position. But when Mira spoke he flinched, and at last looked up. He seemed surprised and scared. It was clear the other boy's presence was keeping him from talking to her. Maybe he was the one with the mind abilities.

Roy walked away from the room. If one of them was strong enough to keep the Scarlet Witch out of their heads, what couldn't they also do? He found a screen device and wrote a message down, requesting that the boys were to be separated and that they'd be tested for their magic level. As he went back to the holding cell, a guard was now standing in front of the door.
"Do you have permission?"
He asked. Roy looked at him, before quickly dodging the shots and rolling into another passage. What did those brats do to her? He wanted to run back after Mira, but knew better than to just carelessly leap into action. Instead he got up and ran. He was shot in the leg as he turned another hall, but was now back at the screen, where he unleashed an emergency alarm.

A/N
This chapter is low-key filler, but that's because I'm using the rest of my brain power on school and the next big thing I have planned.
I like how far this story had come. Over a year ago I wrote this but just had it saved. I wasn't sure if I should post it, because I wasn't sure of what should happen next. But after I waited for some time and then came back to it, I had some new ideas, and I am glad that I decided to share them!😄
I'm also hoping to soon have a drawing to a chapter since there hasn't been one since forever.