Chapter 17 || Unexpected Guests || Edited

"I'm sorry love

"I'm sorry love."

One apology from him got me electrified like I had struck myself with 1000 volts of electricity. I was partially paralysed by his sudden confession with so many emotions weighing heavy in his eyes and the truth resonating in the timbre of his voice. He was not the arrogant jerk who would go ballistic on me after my arrogant counter-backs. He was considerate and sought warmth in my arms, digging into my neck. His warm breath and his sinful lips were brushing the sensitive skin of my neck.

His sturdy arms were draped around my waist in a death grip. He passionately hugged me, making my body go limp. Picking up an emotion or acting accordingly with his proximity was difficult. Not when his breathing was burning my neck and his sinful lips brushed against the delicate skin of my neck. I knew I was looking like a ripe tomato. My thinking has totally fluctuated into flames and ashes with his crazy act. Thinking about his apology was too much work when my dizzy head tried hard not to make my palpitation visible. His closeness was affecting me dangerously. My attempts to free myself from his arms were futile instead he pulled me closer to him for my protest in staying close to him.

Why won't he allow me to sit, where I can ponder over the intentions behind his apology? Act civil and sort the issues as adults do. Rather he is causing jolts of electricity and tingles through his hugs.
What kind of position is this for apologising? I felt my cheeks heating. Did he not get any other better position to talk? This level of closeness was new to me. The affection and care for everything from him were new. I can't help but worry over the next minute where he'll be back to the devil he was. Push me down from the heights of compassion he just showered and stomp me on the ground with his venom.

He snuggled into my neck making my breath ragged. What is happening? I felt like I would pass out any minute with his closeness. The Arrogant King, Kim Taehyung, is apologizing. I was sceptical about his apology.

Kim Taehyung can never apologise for his mistake. Will not this turn into the most uncanny thoughts of mine, where if I refuse to acknowledge or accept his apology he would threaten to throw me off the building? Or choke me to death. Or at least steal all my evidence of identity and leave me stranded in Paris. I knew no married woman would describe her husband in such hostility but here we are dealing with the devil lord. Everything that dealt with him was like walking on eggshells. Torturous, overbearing and frightened of the next step.

He wouldn't think twice before breaking your heart like never. All I wanted him was to rip off his fake cloak of being a husband and take back his crown as the devil and ascend his throne. Not the caring husband he is pretending right now. Well, at least the fake pretence of being a human. With his last-night acts, I doubt he was the same man. Not the disguised devil to feed on my soul.

And most importantly, did he not know that a person should seek forgiveness only when it was a mistake, where you do it unknowingly or not aware of his/her doings which can hurt the other? Not when he or she does it wanted just to hurt the person.