Chapter 19|| Nightmares of love

I started shaking my head saying "No...No...You are lying. I know you wanna hurt me...No." Dreading pain filled my chest sacred of his unanticipated confession.

I had always hated her...

I made it up by taking care...

It's not like I wanted to marry her...

All these were echoing in the back of my find as I tried to wiggle myself out and run far away from him. But all my failed attempts made him pull me more towards him. His cold eyes, stoic face and cruel words justifying his brutal actions made a play inside my head. Now another drama to break me into uncountable pieces. As the emotions rose to their peak I yelled, "Let me go," in my hysteria.

I heard someone calling my name faintly. Slowly the voices in the background were clear to my hearing. Two familiar voices and one among them was the cause of my flap. I flicked open my eyes to find a pair of hazel pools staring back at me with a panicked expression. Worry, concern and pain were reflected in those mesmerising pools. Still and all, I no longer could believe the fact that he was concerned about me. He made me painfully believe in that, that he'll never care about me. Yet again, nothing could stop the creeping of warmth into the pit of my stomach.

Seconds passed we both shared eye contact in silence. The intensity of his orbs made an exotic feeling rise within me, as I supposedly broke eye contact immediately.

"Hey... See, you are safe. Nobody can ever hurt my princess," he hugged my shivering form close to his chest raking his fingers through my hair, while I tried to calm my ragged breath.

How can I stay safe when it is you who is the cause of my nightmare?

"What happened, dear? Do you wanna talk about your nightmare? Tae was so worried dear," said a worried Martha.

I looked at him still shaking from my dream... to be more precise a nightmare. Thank my stars man! It was just a nightmare. He can never be in love and a million with me. I don't know what was the cause of the tormenting pain inside my chest.

Was it because we would never be in love or did I know it will be one of his manipulative games to destroy me mentally?

Brushing those creepy thoughts away, I took a deep breath before voicing out.

"No...I don't wanna talk about that. It was a scary nightmare," I spoke after pulling away from a worried Taehyung whose face scrunched painfully as if he was hurt by my actions. I sighed in relief when Martha didn't pressure me further, nor did Taehyung.

His eyes, his touch, his words, his closeness and everything about him was toxic to me.

Suddenly a large hand touched my forehead which I supposedly found to be Taehyung's...