Chapter 1

Camila POV

My name is Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao and today is the last day I can be a  child. Tomorrow is the big day, even the biggest day of my life and of all 18 year olds. Tomorrow is ,,The Choice Of Destiny", where you get sorted in–what our society says–your group. There are the Fire Foxes these are the brave ones, the Water Dolphins these are the smart ones, the Air Birds these are the ambitios ones and the Earth Flowers these are the friendly ones, where my parents were sorted when they were young. So now I'm living with my parents and my little sister in the Earth Flowers group, but this may change tomorrow..! If the creepy machine doesn't sort me in this group I will never be able to see my family again like my mom did. My mom was born in a Water Dolphin family and the only time she saw her family after the Choice was at my grandpa's funeral...

But it's enough thinking for today. If I'm not gonna be a Flower I'm gonna figure out what to do then. But to be honest it's not like I'm gonna be a Dolphin. Like I'm not that smart.. I may be a Bird because I am kinda ambitious more dickhead, but is the same, isn't it? And there are the Foxes.. literally all cool people are Foxes! I could never be one of them or could I? As I was little my dad always told me how brave I was, but it doesn't matter I AM FRIENDLY ... most of the time...

Shit I can't anymore! My brain is gonna explode! Figuring things out it's not my best quality.

I'm just gonna go for a little walk with Sofia, my little sister who is 8 years old.

I stood up and shouted for Sofie: „Sofie?"

„Yes Mila? What's wrong?"

„Nothing's wrong. I was just wondering if you want to come with me for a walk. I kinda need a break from all the stress because of the Choice tomorrow"

„Of course I'm coming! But can you buy me ice cream?"

„Duh! What question is that?" Sofie jumped from excitement and ran out of the house.

--------

When we got to the ice cream shop there weren't a lot of people so we got our ice cream fast. I got a cup of mint and one of vanilla and Sofie got one of strawberry and one of chocolate. After I paid I turned around and wanted to go where Sofie was waiting, but instead I hit something and fell on the floor. The first thing I saw was my ice cream all over the floor.

„Oh no! My ice cream! My dear ice cream! NOOO!"

Between my complains I heard someone laughing. I looked up and saw this awesome brown haired and tall guy laughing... probably at me.

„Not 'Oh I hit my head or my foot hurts', instead you are complaining about your ice cream?" He asked and I stared at him for a little longer cause damn he looked so familiar .... and hot.

And then I answered „Of course! I care about my ice cream! And look now it's just waisted! All that delicacy waisted! For what?"

„Wow..! Calm down first of all I'm sorry I kinda was in the way and second of all I can buy you a new one." He said with a little smile on his face. But dang that smile was so hot.. CAMILA calm down and concentrate or you'll be drooling!

„No it's okay you don't need to buy anything." I said after a while that felt like an eternity for me to calm down again.

„I insist" he said and directly ordered me a new ice cream

He handed me my ice cream and said „Here you go. Is this ice cream a good replacement for the old one or are you going to organize a funeral and cry for that ice cream the rest of your life?"

„Thank you and maybe. If it's gonna be a funeral your going to be invited for sure I mean you're the killer, aren't you Mister....?"

„My name is Shawn and thank you I'm going to wait for that invitation Miss..?"

„Camila. I'm Camila nice to meet you killer" But wait a damn second, Shawn!? Why is this name so freaking familiar!?

„Why is it taking you so long to pay for two ice creams?" I heard Sofie say while entering the shop again.

„I'm sorry I had a little accident." I said and then turned around to face Shawn again „So... I guess I see you around?"

„It's kinda unlikely but you never know."

Why unlikely I thought to myself „Sure see you at the funeral. Bye, Shawn!"

He laughed a little and said „See you at the funeral, Camila."

I exited the shop together with Sofie and saw her staring at me. Literally STARING. So I asked her

„What's wrong?"

„What's wrong!?"

„Ahmm... yeah... what's wrong?"

„Ahmm!? You were just drooling over that guy over there! Nothing special.."

„First of all I wasn't drooling! And second of all why are you interested over who I drool or not?"

„HA! You just admitted you were drooling!"

„No I didn't!"

„Yes you did!"

„No I didn't I'm the big sister so I win and don't try to contradict me!"

„If you say so" She said and rolled her eyes „But it's not like I can tell my eyes they were blind and they didn't see anything" she said sassy

„When did you became so sassy?"

„I don't know I just learned from the master" She said and pointed in my direction.

„Thank you I take it as a compliment" I said and we both started to laugh

We started to walk, eat our ice cream and joke around, but I don't know why I was still thinking about Shawn.. „What group he may be in?" „Was he maybe also 18 and is going to get sorted tomorrow too?" „Why does he look so familiar?" „Why is his name so familiar?" „Was I really drooling? Oh god I hope not.." All this thoughts were in the back of my mind and were 'torturing' me. But who knows I may see him again and get an answer for all this questions or maybe not.. but be positive Camila!