Chapter 34

Camila POV

As I saw Shawn enter the building, all the fear and worries suddenly disappeared for a moment and I ran towards him and jumped in his arms.

He held me tight and I felt my tears soak into his shirt. He stroked my back and kissed my head.

,,I'm sorry.." I said in his neck.

,,Why are you sorry?" He asked me softly, but I heard his voice breaking like he was also crying. He made me look at him, but still didn't put me down on the floor. He held me tight like he didn't want to let me go anymore.

,,I shouldn't have let you go to your house alone and-" I said between tears.

,,Mila, no! Thank god you weren't with me!" He said and wiped my tears away with his thumb. ,,Thanks to you they found us and that guy."

,,Why thanks to me?" I asked confused.

,,A woman, one of the officers, told us what happened or at least what she knew. As the guy broke in the apartment, you took Aaliyah and Stephanie and somehow you three got out of the building and you all started to scream and that was why the officers could hear you and find you." Shawn said even if he didn't know all the details.

To be honest, I don't know how I knew what to do. I did the first thing that came in my mind and it didn't matter how crazy it was.

I couldn't say anything, so I buried my face in his neck again.

,,Shawn?" I heard Miranda say softly and I looked up and saw that she was standing there with Mark and Juliet. ,,I think we need to talk about something. I have am idea, but I need all the leaders permission for it..."

,,What is it?" Shawn asked not letting me go.

,,Firstly, we need to talk about this in private. You can come back to Camila in a few minutes. I promise." Miranda said still softly and Shawn looked at me like he needed my permission. I nodded and he put me down, kissed my nose and went after Miranda and entered a room with all the leaders.

Suddenly I felt how someone came next to me and said:

,,They're gonna talk about you." I turned around and saw Layla.

,,What? Why?" I asked confused.

,,Do you really need me to answer that?" She said and just left.

They were talking about me? But I don't understand why.... Should that be something good or not?

Shawn POV

,,What's wrong?" I asked as we, the leaders, were alone in a room.

,,Well...I thought about something and I think it's a good idea, but I don't know what you and the other people who are gonna be 'affected' will think about..." Miranda said hesitating.

,,Just tell us what's wrong." I said to Miranda.

,,Okay.... Well Camila was the only one who escaped that monster. The rest of the possible leaders couldn't do it and neither could we." Miranda said.

,,What do you wanna tell us with this information?" I asked not understanding what she was about to tell us.

,,I think Camila showed more today that she's able to be a leader than she could have shown in any other stupid leader competition." Miranda explained and then I got it.

She was telling us that she wanted to make Camila a leader without that competition.

Joy and fear at the same time started to build inside me. If she officially becomes a leader there's gonna be more people after her, but she showed today that she can handle it...