Chapter 28

Camila POV

As we got home, I immediately took the letter from where Shawn put it last night and said:

,,We forgot to read the letter yesterday."

,,You’re right." He said and we both sat on the sofa while I was opening it.

I looked at who wrote it and I was confused.

It was from my dad!?

,,It's from my father.." I told Shawn.

,,Okay... What does it say?"

,,Hi, my princess! I wrote this letter because your mom forced me, so she doesn't have to endure all my overprotective thoughts. As you can probably tell, I'm not very happy that I can't get to know your boyfriend and test him if he's good enough for you." Oh shit.. I thought to myself. ,,So this letter is theoretically for your boyfriend. So, here are a few rules and standards you need to fulfill if you want to date my daughter." I read and stopped. I looked at Shawn and he said:

,,Go on! I wanna know." He said with a smile on his face.

Ah, please he for sure fulfills everything and even more things my dad can't even imagine.

,,1. You HAVE to take care of my daughter even when she thinks she doesn't need help. 2. If you date my daughter, it means you are loyal. I hope you aren’t going to cheat or something, cause if you do, I'm gonna make sure you won't experience another day on this earth." Damn papa, you are overprotective. In a good way. I believe.. ,,3. You have to treat my daughter like she's the only girl on this planet and like the princess she is." He for sure treats me like a princess.  ,,4. You will respect her opinion. 5. You won't push her to do ANYTHING she isn't ready for. 6. You always have to be there for her. And last, but not least, you have to love her and not screw with her, cause if you do...you gonna see. That's all I've to say. I'm not waiting for an answer because I know it would be hard to write back. Just wanted to make sure you treat my daughter the way she deserves.."

I felt like I wanted to cry. My dad literally put all his soul in this to make sure I'm safe, even if he's not around. I really tried so hard not to cry. Now I know I HAVE to win the leader competition. I need to see them. I need to introduce Shawn to my dad and of course to the rest of my family, but at the moment I wanted to show my dad that I'm safe. I wanted to tell him how thankful I am for everything he did and I wanted to show him that I'm fine and that I can do it. I can do anything thanks to my dad because he thought me how to be brave and strong. Damn, I missed my family so bad.

In that moment, I felt how a few tears fell down my check and how my eyes were full with more tears.

I felt how Shawn's arms hugged me and I buried my face in his neck.

,,I miss them.." I said while sobbing and he just hugged me tighter.

,,I know.."

We just stayed like that till I calmed down. Shawn rubbed my back and kissed my head to make me calm down and it worked. I swiped my tears away and looked Shawn in the eyes.

,,You know that you fulfill all this stuff. Don't you?" I told him.

,,I hope I do and I want to. Mila, I don't wanna rush this. Please tell me when I do something that makes you uncomfortable."

,,I will. But you never did by now. I was always scared to...have a boyfriend...because I was scared he's gonna want more than I can give him, but you aren't like that. You make everything seem so easy and I appreciate that. Thank you.." I said looking him really deep into the eyes.

Just as he opened his mouth to speak, we heard a really loud noise from outside. I took Shawn's hand and we both tried to see if we could see something through the windows, but we couldn't.