Chapter 4: Living With A New Family Pt. 2

Text=Thinking
'Text'=Whispering
*Text*=Action

(3rd pov)
(I'm changing the font)

It's been a few days since the four girls have been living with the family. The girls felt better at how they were being treated and were glad that people actually cared about them, especially as a family.

Ruby was going to the basement during night time. She drew a picture of her and the family and was going to show Y/n. While running towards the basement, she ran into Josh.

Josh: Ruby? What are you doing here? Isn't it a bit late?

Ruby: Dad said I don't have a bedtime.

Josh: Yes, I know. But I thought you were sleeping.

Ruby: No. I drew a picture of us, look!

Ruby showed the drawing to Josh. Josh let out a heartwarming smile. Only a few days in and they're warming up to them already?

Josh: Well, that's very sweet of you, Ruby. It's a beautiful drawing.

Ruby giggled.

Ruby: I wanna show it to daddy.

Josh: Oh, well, sir Y/n is busy right now. So I'm afraid you can not see him.

Ruby: Aww, but I just want to show it to him.

Josh: W-Well, I understand. But you have to understand that Y/n is doing something very important, so you can't see him right now.

Ruby: Okay.

Josh: Now, how about I take you back to your room?

Ruby lifted her arms, looking up at Josh.

Ruby: Upsies!

Josh chuckled and lifted the silver-eyed girl off of the ground and carried her on the side of his upper arm. Josh then proceeded to walk towards the room where Weiss, Blake, and Yang were sleeping.

Slowly and carefully, Josh opened the door and walked into the room, looking at each girl to make sure that he didn't wake any of them. He gently placed Ruby down on the ground.

Josh: Do want to sleep or continue drawing?

Ruby: I want to continue drawing.

Josh nodded and walked towards a desk. At the desk, were books, papers, writing utensils, and a bunch of other things. He turned on the desk lamp as Ruby sat on the chair.

Josh: There you go. Don't make too much noise.

Ruby: Okay.

Josh let out a small smile and left the room. He walked towards his room and there he met Penny and Klein.

Klein: Ah, hello, Josh. Are you doing alright?

Josh: Yes, perfectly fine. Ruby was heading for the basement to show a drawing she made to sir Y/n. Luckily, I took her back to her room. She's drawing right now.

Penny and Klein sighed in relief.

Penny: Well, that's a good thing. We don't want them to question about....that...

Klein: Yes. Indeed.

Silence.

Penny: Uh, this might sound crazy but, are you sure we could hide it from them forever? I know it's for their safety, but...I don't know...

Josh and Klein understood what she meant.

Josh: I'm not sure, but if they do find out about him then...We need to tell them...I'm sure sir Y/n would understand.

Klein nodded with a hum.

Klein: Well, we should head off to bed. Oscar is also sleeping right now with Saber and Snowy. The other pets are also sleeping in their rooms.

Josh: Good.

Penny: I'll go and make sure that Ruby and the others are safe and keep Ruby company.

Josh and Klein nodded.

Klein: Well then, goodnight.

Josh&Penny: Goodnight.

And the three went their separate ways.