Chapter 12: Eye Training

Text=Thinking
'Text'=Whispering
*Text*=Action

(3rd pov)

The next day, the family was outside in the backyard eating breakfast with the H/c haired sister's family. Currently, Aidan was introducing Tenner to the others.

Aidan: Well, I kinda resurrected him so-

Y/n: And you didn't tell us?!

Aidan: No...

Y/n: That is freaking awesome, dude!

Aidan: Really?

Glory: Yeah. Especially since you were able to do it without any help and at a young age.

Aidan: But, didn't your third brother do way more?

Y/n: Well, yeah. But he was the only person we thought was able to do that at a young age.

Glory: And it turns out we were wrong.

Aidan: Oh. Well, can we keep him?

Y/n: Of course we can keep him, Aidan!

Aidan: Yay!

Penny: And let's hope that Saber and Snowy doesn't try to eat him.

The families turned to see Snowy and Saber licking Tenner as the deer just stood there.

Y/n: Oh..yeeaah we should definitely keep an eye on that too.

Y/n let out an awkward chuckle as the others let out small laughs.

(Timeskip)

It was night now and Ruby was asleep, along with the others of course. She was having a dream, but the dream seemed a little...off. Like it was more real than just a dream.

(Ruby's dream)

Ruby's eyes shot opened and shot up her body. She looked around, confused. The setting she was in seemed to be a very dark red, maybe dark brown(?) place. The setting seemed to move as if it was an inky substance.

???: Child.

Ruby jumped at the sudden voice. She turned her head to see a pale white-skinned woman. She had the eyes of a Grimm and had black veins all over her body. She wore a long, black dress with red outlines.

Ruby: Umm, hi.

???: Do you not know who I am?

Ruby: No.

???: Well, I am Salem. Queen of Grimm.

Ruby gasped in awe.

Ruby: Really?! That's so cool!

Salem: For you, maybe. But not for anyone else in Remnant.

Ruby: Yeah, I know.

Salem: Your silver eyes. Do you know what they're for?

Ruby: No. I don't, actually. Do you know?

Salem: As a matter of fact, I do. People with silver eyes are known as silver-eyed warriors. Their eyes unleash a power that beings with non-silver eyes have. They are able to turn Grimm into stone with just their eyes.

Ruby: Ah, I see.

Salem: I, myself, is part Grimm, which is why I am able to control Grimm. I am immortal, so you can't kill me...

Ruby: Soooo..you're saying that...

Salem: Yes. You can turn me into to stone. To save all of Remnant. Why am I telling you? To give you a chance.