Chapter 11: Experiment

Text=Thinking
'Text'=Whispering
*Text*=Action

(3rd pov)

Blake woke up in the middle of the night and decided to get a glass of water. She slowly got out of her bed, making sure not to wake up Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Oscar. She went to the door and jumped, grabbing onto the door handle. The door opened and she closed the door, leaving it slightly open. She quietly went downstairs and went into the kitchen.

Blake: Hmm.

Blake thought about what to do. If she was going to get a fresh cup of water, she needed to be at least the height to reach the top of the kitchen counter. But how was she going to do that?

A light bulb suddenly appeared on top of Blake's head. She went towards a chair at the table and she began to pull it. It wasn't enough force to move it fast enough, but it did move. After about 30 seconds of grunting and pulling, Blake finally got the chair next to the counter. She panted before taking a deep breath and climbing on top of the chair. She grabbed a small plastic cup from the 3-slot cup dispenser. She got down and pushed the chair to the 4 door flex refrigerator which also had a touch screen. Blake again got on the chair and pushed the water dispenser with the cup. Once she got the water, she slowly got down from the chair, making sure to not spill the water. She then placed the water on the ground and pushed the chair back in its place.

She picked up her water and began to drink from it, beginning to walk back upstairs. But before she took a step on the staircase, she noticed something. A room that was close to the staircase, was lit up with the door closed. Interested, the cat faunus decided to go into the room. She opened the door and walked into the room which was the lab room, which was a bit big. Then saw Aidan on a stool wearing a lab coat, gloves, and safety goggles. In front of him, was a deer on its back on a medical bed that was straightened. The deer was dead with its stomach cut open. Blake wasn't fazed by it because, well, she was abused as a kid so blood nor gore didn't faze her.

Blake: Aidan?

The boy jumped and looked behind him.

Aidan: Blake? What are you doing here?

Blake: I got a cup of water and was about head back upstairs until I saw the light of this room on.

Aidan: Oh.

Blake: Anyways, what are you doing?

Aidan: Oh, well don't tell anyone else but I'm trying to resurrect a deer that I found dead in the woods.

Blake: Oh, okay. Well, I'm gonna go back to the room.

Aidan: Okay.

(Timeskip to like, a few days later)

Blake again, got a cup of water, when she heard a voice that made her jump.

???: Hey Blake.

Blake turned around to only see Ruby.

Blake: Oh, Ruby you scared me.

Ruby: Heh, sorry about that.

Then they heard another voice from up the stairs.

Weiss: Ruby, what are you doing?

Ruby: I'm saying hi to Blake.

Weiss sighed and went downstairs, who was with Yang and Oscar.

Blake: You guys are all up?

Weiss: We weren't until Ruby dropped her cup of milk.

Yang: We managed to clean it up.

Ruby: Dad got the cup of milk for me before you were up.

Blake: Oh.

Oscar: Do you know where Aidan is?

Blake: No.

Weiss: Hm, that's weird.

Suddenly, a figure appeared. It was a deer, in which its stomach was stitched up. It had empty eye sockets, in which dried blood stains exited out of and had a bite mark on its neck. It stood there, staring into the kids. Ruby and Weiss were about to let out a scream when Blake covered their mouths.

Blake: Shhh.

Weiss: Shush? There is a dead deer right in front of us.

Blake: I know.

Then, another voice was heard, which was Aidan's voice.

Aidan: Tenner!

Aidan went towards the deer, who was now known as Tenner.

Aidan: Tenner, what are you..oh.

Weiss: Aidan. You got 5 seconds to explain before I scream.

Aidan: Well, I found a dead deer in the woods so I decided to try and resurrect him.

Ruby: Oh cool.

Aidan: I want to tell Dad but I'm not sure how he'll react.

Yang: Just tell him. Besides, you never know until you try.

Aidan: Yeah, you're right.

A bit of silence passed.

Aidan: Oh, and also he eats meat as well.

Blake: So is that a side effect of you resurrecting him?

Aidan: Apparently.

Ruby: Oh. Well, I'm gonna go to bed.

The others agreed and the five went to bed while Aidan fed Tenner with meat.