Chapter 5: The Basement Door

Text=Thinking
'Text'=Whispering
*Text*=Action

(Y/n's pov)

I slowly wake up after my slumber in my room. After doing something...important...I was a bit tired. Tears formed in my eyes but I wiped them off. I really hope I can fix....

*Sigh* I can worry about that later. Right now, I'll check on the kids.

I got up, stretching with a yawn. I was wearing my f/a (favorite animal) onesie. I took it off and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After I was done, I put on a f/c shirt and black sweatpants. I walk downstairs, scratching my head, tired. I walk into the kitchen and see the others sitting at the table eating breakfast.

Ruby: Daddy!

Ruby jumped off of her seat and ran towards me, hugging me on the leg. I chuckled and patted her head.

Ruby: Look at the drawing I made!

I looked at the drawing and smiled.

Y/n: It's very adorable, Ruby.

Weiss/Blake/Yang/Oscar: Good morning/Hello/Heyo/Morning, dad.

Y/n: Good morning everyone.

Klein: Sir Y/n. Good to see you up. How was your night?

Y/n: Good. Yours?

Klein's eyes changed to yellow.

Klein: Mines was splendid!

Josh: Mines was okay.

The pets let out different animal noises. (They slept well)

Penny shrugged.

Y/n: You didn't shut yourself off or anything?

Penny: Nope, stayed up all night watching Ruby and then securing the door.

Penny tilted her head in the direction of a certain door. The basement door. I nodded, understanding what she meant.

Penny: Besides, I'm an android. You don't have to worry about if I sleep.

I chuckled.

Y/n: Just because you're an android doesn't mean I'm not gonna treat you differently. Besides, you're still my daughter.

Penny: Aww, thank you.

I let out a small laugh and sat down on a chair at the table.

Y/n: I should eat before my food gets cold.

I ate my food along with the others. The breakfast was a bit silent, but there were small conversations here and there. (Penny has taste buds (don't ask how) and a digestive-like-system that's pretty much acid or something)

Once we were done eating our breakfast, the kids went upstairs to play along with the pets. I was watching TV in the living room when Josh came up to me.

Josh: Sir, can we talk to you for a second?

Y/n: Uh, sure.

I got up and walked over with Josh to where Klein and Penny were. Somewhere in the house that was as far away as possible from the room the kids were in.

Y/n: What's the matter?

Penny: Well, about the basement...do you think..we should tell them sooner?

I paused.

Y/n: ...I'm not sure..but it could be a danger if they want to know more about it or go near it...or him for that matter...