(16)

Tw: Mention of drugs and abuse

Kenma's POV

"Before you head home," My aunt called to me as I began to put the broom away. "There's something I better tell you." She approached me slowly also putting away her own broom. My aunt and I aren't really close, I mean we're friendly since we live together but that's about it. However, I can easily tell by the look in her eye that somethings bothering her. "I got off the phone with your mother today." Oh so that's why she has the 'tired of this bullshit' look in her eyes. "The judge has changed her visitation limits."

"To what?" I asked sort of worried that it'd be increased.

"Twice a week." That pissed me off, that really pissed me off. Why'd it get moved up? She isn't better, she isn't even trying. Regardless I tried not to let my anger show.

"That's unfortunate." I picked up my jacket, which I'd lazily throw onto the bench in the storage closet when I got here, and made my way towards the front entrance.

"She's coming tomorrow, she told us to be out." I gripped the door handle probably too tightly but I didn't turn back to look at my aunt. At this point I don't think I could hide my anger. "Just please be careful." I left the rink without looking back once.

Screw the court system, who are they even trying to protect cause it clearly isn't me! She isn't getting better at all why did they grant her more visits? My face just healed from her visit last week. Plus I have plans with Kuroo tomorrow which I'm certainly not cancelling for her. Each time she visits it's like a guessing game, which drug will my mom be highly addicted to this week?

I stomped inside the apartment and to my small room before slamming the door shut. I don't like to get anger with people around, in fact I don't like showing much emotion at all when people are around. I've learned it causes nothing but trouble, therefore I take out all my emotions alone while my aunt and uncle are working.

Although after the initial door slam I found I didn't have much else to let out, I'm too tired to be anger anymore. I went through the same thing when they increased her visiting time from monthly to every 2 weeks out of no where a few months ago. If I didn't find something to distract myself I'd lose my mind quickly.

So instead I thought about my day, since it's the easiest thing to think about. I woke up early which made me tired all day, although texting Kuroo in the morning was more fun then I anticipated it to be. He better not get into the habit of texting me at 5am though. I was also glad that I could still skate, honestly I was a bit worried about the doctors appointment. Plus skating today with Kuroo was, different. I don't usually skate with people around let alone with people. Kuroo's been throwing my entire routine off balance lately, at first it pissed me off but now I don't mind it so much. Nothing was more strange than Suga and Oikawa, I don't exactly get why they wanted to met me so badly.

Kuroo told me all about how the two of them really wanted to get to know me, I can't say I understand it though. I don't even get why Kuroo likes talking to me so much. I'm mean, I've got a cold personality, and I'm quiet. Not really the traits of a friendly, fun to hangout with kinda person. Regardless I can't say I've hated my time with them, I actually think I sorta, maybe, just a little bit like having friends. I never really had any to begin with, I was always fine with it since I never knew it to begin with I wasn't lonely, although now that I've been introduced to the idea of it all I don't remember life without it. It's been a week and I've already forgotten what it was like before Kuroo was pestering me about watching my practice.

Today was a bit different though, he made me nervous. I don't know if it was him specifically, maybe I'm just a nervous person, but either way I was nervous. Him clinging to my arm while skating didn't help my jitters either. I tried to ignore it all night but they didn't go away, which is strange cause I've been around Kuroo before and it hasn't happened once. I'll just write it up to the stress of meeting new people and ignore it like I do with everything else.