(28)

again sorry i didn't proof read but i woke up late cause i may or may not have been playing among us till 5 in the morning :)
.
.
.
.

Kenma's POV

They got bored of me eventually and I was able to continue my way home with a black eye and a red cheek (Miko slapped me when I called her out for jumping from boy to boy). At least it wasn't as cold anymore, the 20 degrees Fahrenheit weather had turned into 40 as spring began to approach.

It was a bit late since I got held up at school but my mom was still there, in the kitchen of the tiny apartment, making pasta. That's one of the symptoms I found out. Not making pasta but carbs cravings, along with anxiety. Luckily for me for me the psychosis didn't last to long and I was no longer being cut open in search of tracking chips placed by the government.

"Oh your ba- what happened!" She rushed over to me like a normal mom would when their kid comes home with a black eye. I must admit these past two weeks with her have been nice, she's been nice.

In the first week she mostly sleep a lot, another symptom, when she wasn't sleeping she was acting psychotic. Telling me the government was coming for me, tearing my skin apart because the 'government' planted 'chips' inside me. She still has a bit of a strange mind but not nearly to that degree.

"I got hit in the face with a baseball after school." Even if she is acting more like a mother I can't trust her like one, not yet a least. Then again I said I wasn't going to trust Kuroo and that clearly didn't stay as planned. I told him everything now, he told me everything in return. It was nice, I liked it.

"You need to be more careful what if it knocked you unconscious, what if you got seriously injured, what if-"

"I'm fine mom calm down." She has a tendency to ramble now. She was also very anxious, again another symptom, but no matter what the withdrawal was she hasn't gone back. I know it's only been 2 weeks and I shouldn't get my hopes up but for once I feel things might change.

She sighed and made her way back into the kitchen to continue cooking. At least now she's making her own food, last week she just heated up leftovers. She was looking much healthier this week too, a lots changed. She's not as skinny as she was and her skin isn't as pale. I'm really starting to think maybe things will get better, I mean I know she says it a lot but this is the first time I've actually seen her try to quit.

After a few minutes of aimlessly watching whatever was on tv my mom called me into the kitchen. I followed her and found the table set with two bowls of pasta waiting on the table.

"You made some for me?" Usually she ate alone, I don't think she's made me a proper meal in my 17 years of life.

"I thought we could have a family dinner." I smiled a bit at the gesture and join her at the table. Despite how I may have acted towards my mother, and what I was thinking about her, I obvious still loved her. Even if she didn't act like it most of the time, she was still my mother. However, now seeing her sitting at the table waiting for me to join her and eat the meal she cooked together, I was happy. I never got this experience with a parent before, even when I moved in with my aunt and uncle we rarely ate together. I never felt at home with them, just sorta like another roommate. "How was your day?" She asked, making small talk as we ate.

"It was fine." I mean it was up until I got punched in the face but she doesn't need to know that, it'll just unnecessarily worry her. Plus she'll want to know the reason and then everything will get confusing.

"How are your classes?"

"They're easy for the most part, I got someone helping me in science and math though." That someone was Kuroo, without him I would defiantly be failing my STEM classes.