(20)

Yo why's kenma so pretty like... how
.
.
.
.

Kuroo's POV

Kenma was quiet the whole drive home, not that I expected him to be the most chatty. Usually I'd be the chatterbox but I was too busy worrying about my family to think of anything to talk about. I mean it'd be hard enough to sneak him in but now I had to sneak him in, and make sure that his hand, which was still bleeding badly, was tended too. I don't usually bring people over because I don't want my parents meeting any of my friends, I don't know what they'll say so it's too much of a gamble. But, I couldn't exactly leave Kenma alone right now so I'll have to make do.

It didn't take long for us to get to my house but, unfortunately for me, every light in the house was on. Of course everyone would be up.

"Alright just uh," I looked around my car for something to wrap Kenma's hand with, I settled with an old bandana that I had lying around. "Use this." I wrapped it around his hand and it didn't take long for blood to soak through the yellow fabric. Once we got out of the car I pulled him towards the house, holding onto his uncut hand obviously. I pushed the door open slowly, the dinning room and kitchen were abandoned. Thinking I was in the clear, I brought Kenma inside just in time for my mom to walk about of the bathroom.

"Oh who's this." Usually my parents ignore me coming in, but I guess they're more interested in why a short boy with two toned hair and a bloody bandana just walked into their house.

"This is Kenma, he's a friend we have a project to work on."

"This late, why would you wait until the last minute. You could've asked your bother for help if you-"

"We still have a week to do it we just want to finish early. This is the only time he could come out." Years of practice has made me kind of a good liar, at least to my parents. I'm just shocked she hasn't asked about the clearly blood soaked cloth.

"Oh ok then." I was able to get Kenma into my room without anymore pit stops. My dad was no where to be seen, my brothers held up in his room, and I'm pretty sure my sisters on a date with her homophobic boyfriend. Once we were in the clear I shut and locked my door directing Kenma over to my bed.

"Ok let's see," I sat down next to him and slowly unwrapped the bandana trying to avoid hurting him. I pulled it off and he winced about at the cloth got stuck to his hand a bit. The cut was deep, I didn't have much medical knowledge. I should probably clean it though, right? That sounds like a good first step. "I'll get some stuff from the bathroom." I shut my bedroom door quietly behind me and made my way to the bathroom. I still didn't know where my dad was but my mom seemed to be staring me down from the hallway by the kitchen. That's strange, she's never looked my way before, let alone wanted to speak to me.

"Who's he?" My mother asked with her arms crossed as she leaned on the hallway wall, blocking my path to the bathroom.

"I told you he's a friend."

"Name?"

"I told you already, Kenma." She looked at me judgingly. 

"Kenma's a first name isn't it?"

"And? What's your point?" I had no patients for either of my parents bullshit, they don't talk to me for weeks and then interview me like cops.

"You call him by his first name?"

"Really that's what you're wondering about, and you wonder why I don't bring friends around." I pushed past her but she grabbed my arm.

"I'm not done talking to you." I yanked my arm from her, which wasn't very hard since she's rather small.