(33)

Kenma's POV

At first I didn't have a clue as to where Kuroo was taking me, however, soon enough I saw the rink come into view and I figured it was only fitting that he'd take me there. I mean that's where we first met, it makes sense that we'd spend our last day together there as well.

"Kuroo I don't have my skates." I pointed out as he reached out to open the door of the rink. It was packed slightly but honestly, for a Friday at least, it was rather quiet.

"It's fine trust me." He pulled me into the ice skating rink, I waved to my aunt as we passed her and headed to the secluded second rink.

"Kuroo the key." The door would probably be locked since I hadn't been here yet today. I was planning to skip today to spend the day with Kuroo, so I didn't unlock the rink.

"It's fine." Now I'm very suspicious, he's got something planned.

"Kuroo what do you..." He slowly pulled the rink door open much to my shock, since I was sure it was locked, the lights were on even though they shouldn't have been.

"Surprise!" I was startled by multiple voices yelling and the sound of something popping. I didn't jump or scream, since I preferred not the show when I was scared, but I did slightly hide behind Kuroo. I was hoping it was unnoticeable but Kuroo's stupid smirk told me otherwise. He pushed me forward so I could see just who had yelled. Surely enough Oikawa, Suga, Iwa, and Daichi all stood staring at me with a smile.

"We wanted to throw you a party." Oikawa explained as I looked around confused. I found the source of the popping sound when I saw the confetti on the floor and the slight smoke coming from the party poppers in everyones hands.

"Why?" No ones every thrown me a party before and I've never been to one. I know people have parties for their birthdays but I never had anyone to spend it with. My aunt and uncle always worked so instead they left me money to get myself a cake, I always spent it on a new game instead, but it's not like I had friends to eat a cake with regardless.

"A going away party." Suga clarified, I'm sure he could tell I was very confused.

"Oh." I don't know how I'm supposed to react.

"You wanna skate?" Kuroo asked me once the initial shock of the situation settled down. I nodded and he pointed towards my bag which was over by the bench I usually sat on. He must've planned this out, I noticed everyone else had skates lying around as well.

Being on the ice with everyone was nice, I'd only done it one other time. It wasn't until I met Kuroo that I knew what it was like to share something I love with friends, what I love being skating. One I never told anyone I figure skated because I'd get called gay, even though I already was anyways, and two I never had anyone to tell anyways.

Kuroo made me experience a lot of new things, first kiss, first boyfriend, first friend. Not only that but it was the first time I felt like I could be myself around someone and this party is only making me realize how much I don't want to leave this all behind.

"Kenma?" I felt someone squeeze my hand, I looked up and noticed Kuroo looking down at me. "You good? You sorta spaced out there." He was worried, I made him worry a lot, but he only worried because he cared. He's probably going to worry when I leave, I'm gonna worry for him to when he's in college. I don't want us to split up, honestly I didn't care before. A lot of things were different before though. I never had any friends so I never cared for making any, yet now that I've finally got some I'm leaving.

"I don't wanna leave." I whispers only for Kuroo to hear, not that the others would since they were off fooling around on the ice while we stood here hand in hand.