Chapter 8

Valerie

Jim's parents house was huge. I could get lost in this big mansion.
His family was so fun, weird and loud, but fun.

I never expected to see Bass here. I never expected to see him for the rest of my life. Period.
I couldn't believe that he was here and that he was actually related to Jim.

After that summer camp I tried to forget him, I tried to bury him on the back of my mind and never think of him again.

But seeing him here brought my back to fifteen years ago, brought me back to what Bass made me feel, butterflies in my stomach and a weird sensation all over my body, speechless, breathless.

The party was going great, besides the part that I saw my first love. I was so nervous of meeting Jim's parents. But all the nervousness transfered to the fact that I saw Bass, not my boyfriend's parents.

Mrs. Carter was so nice with me, she was so loving and welcoming. Jim's father was also a very nice person, a little bit serious, but good.

Jim always talked about his family, about his cousins, about how they were crazy and they pick on each other a lot.

I tried to be next to Jim all night. I was scared of being left alone with his crazy cousins, but most of all I was scared of being left alone with Bass.

I didn't wanted to open doors from the past, so the more far away I could stay from him, the better.

I was really in love with Jim. We met at a baseball game like a year ago. It was the World Series final and I was covering for the newspaper. Jim was there with some work friends.

We were seating right next to each other.
We were fans of the same team, so every time our team scored we celebrated and hugged each other.

When our team won the World Series Jim invited me to have drinks and I said yes.

And since then we started dating, he was so charming and respectful, hardworking, everything a woman looks for in a man, in a husband, in a father for her kids. He  was all I could dream of. The whole package.

And I wanted to make this work, I saw myself marrying him and having children and getting old with him.

It was when I went to the bathroom at the party when it all came to shit.

I knocked on the bathroom. A bathroom that took me hours to find in this gigantic house. Because the bathroom I went before was covered in vomit. So I needed to find another one.

The bathroom was locked, so I waited there, I knocked but no one was answering, I knocked again and then I heard the lock unlocking but no one opening the door.

I knocked again and slightly opened the door. And that's when I saw Bass sitting on the floor besides the toilet with her head stuck between his knees.

He raised his head saw me and with a smile he said
"Well, well, look what the wind threw in"
"Bass are you okey?" I asked, he didn't seem fine.
"I'm fine, come sit with me" he demanded, and I don't know why but I did it. I sat next to him at the floor.

"Do you need anything, do you want me to bring you a coffee or something?" I asked.
"No no, just sit with me please" he said.
"You know what I was thinking, Val" he said with a very drunken voice, I open my eyes waiting for him to continue
"That you never broke up with me, you just left me, so for me we are still boyfriend and girlfriend" he said laughing And I laughed too.
"I guess 15 years of not talking count as a break up" I said
"Well, not for me" he assured.
"Well then, Bass I'm so sorry, but we need to break up" I said laughing in a very polite and sarcastic way. Bass laughed and offered me his hand
"Ok then, it was nice to meet you Valerie" I gave him my hand and we shook hands, and just as my hand touch his my whole body trembled, like I was electrocuted.

We were still holding hands when he raised his head to me and look straight into my eyes, and I to him.

We stood there looking at each other for what it seems to be hours.

He looked at my mouth and started approaching. And I started to panic, to feel so guilty of what I was feeling. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted him to kiss me.

But no, my moral self came to me, stopping my thoughts, he was drunk and my boyfriend was downstairs and I was not a cheater I've never been.

I put my hand In his chest

"Bass, you are so drunk, let's get you out of here" I stood up and offered him my hand to help him get into his feet.

He put his arm around my shoulder and as we got out of the bathroom he crashed in a couch that was next to it. And I think he fell asleep.

I stood there watching him for a second. He was so hot, but not like Jim, different, he was like sexy hot, like dirty hot.

And I couldn't help but to feel something between my legs.

____________________________
A/N

Hope you are liking the story so far!! This is about to get sooo goood!
Please vote!!!