Chapter 24

Sebastian

A week passed and I was still in Aspen. I didn't wanted to go back, to face reality.

Last time I heard Valerie went to Chicago and I didn't know if she was going to stay there.

I talked to Sylvie everyday. She always asked me when I'm I going back, and I always tell her that when I'm ready, and I wasn't ready just yet.

One day, after I went skiing I went to one of the local bars. It was so packed, a NFL game was on and all people were screaming and cheering for their team.
I sat at the bar and ordered a drink to the cute bartender.
She was a black haired woman with green eyes, she was wearing a shirt that only covered her breast and her pierced navel looked so sexy.
"What can I get you?" She said
"Whiskey on the rocks"
"Nothing like a good whiskey after skiing" she said with a smile.
She was hot.
"And why are you alone tonight?" She asked flirting. I was an expert in detecting when a woman was flirting with me.
"I'm not alone"
"You aren't?"
"I'm with you" I said and she laughed
"Come on, tell me your story"
"How do you know there is a story"
"It's all over your face"
"No it's not"
"Yes you are wearing like a heartbreak sign on your forehead"
I wasn't, but she was right.

After a couple of hours Charity and I were best friends, I told her all my life, laughed, drink, we celebrated every touchdown in the game, we hugged and take pictures.
My drunken self decided to upload some videos and pictures to my instagram.
All my Instagram was filled with pictures of the skate park, of me skating, skiing, there was some pictures of me and Darla, and now there was a picture of me and Charity hugging each other, and a video of me and Charity celebrating a touchdown screaming and hugging.
I don't know if I uploaded it for Valerie to see that I was having fun, that I was fine, but the truth was that I was hurt and resentful.

After the game, people started to leave and the bar was a little empty. I was so drunk that I needed to get home.

I said my goodbyes to Charity, I think she wanted to come home with me, but I couldn't, I wasn't going to be that guy that sleeps with a girl to get over another girl.
I was done being a douche. This was the new me.