Chapter 10

Valerie

The day of the skate competition I woke up from a restless night. A night that I was trying to calm myself and to go over what I was going to do to not throw myself at him.

I was going there, Aaron, the photographer that worked with me, was coming with me, so I wouldn't be alone, thank god. I will write some stuff, take some pictures, interview the winner and leave. Yep, that was the plan.

Little did I know that that was not going to happen.

When I got to the skate park I was so surprised, it was a huge place, filled with skate ramps and rails. A very big skate store and a coffee shop.

I felt happy that Bass could fulfill his dreams, I couldn't, I couldn't be a professional soccer player. I mean, who was I kidding.

The place was so crowded. Mostly with underage cool kids with his skateboards, and proud parents. A lot of kids look like they were on something.

I tried to find Bass, but he was nowhere to be seen.
One kid approached to me and said
"Hi, you must be Valerie, I'm Jackson, I work here, Bass told me you were coming, so just feel yourself at home. If you need any information you can ask me"
"Thank you" I said with a smile.

And then I saw Bass at the top of one of the skate ramps with a mic.

"Welcome everybody, we're about to start our anual competition, so please take a seat, if you are a skater please make sure you've fill out the forms and please go make a line at the skaters area"

I couldn't help but to smile, he was so cool, he looked so sexy in his ripped jeans, black ramones t shirt and vans.

I on the other hand tried to dress professionally, with a blue pencil skirt and blazer, and heels, I was obviously overdressed for this. I could've come in my pijamas and still be overdressed.

Aaron was taking some pictures, while I took notes and interviewed some of the contestants.

The competition was amazing, everyone was cheering up, and Bass certainly knew how to entertain.

The kids that were competing were amazing, making turns on the air, and pretty cool tricks.

After Bass announced the winner, I took some pictures and interviewed him. The kid who won was 17 years old, and he was so amazing, he looked so happy with his trophy and his 10 grand check.

I was still talking with the kid when Bass approached me.

"Hey, thank you for coming today, really it meant so much to me" he said smiling, so polite.
"It was nothing really, it's going to be a great piece" I said and then continued "can I take a picture of you? For the article"
"For the article or for you?" He teased and I laughed. He posed for the pictures while Aaron took them. And I couldn't take my eyes off him. How he was smiling for the pictures, he looked so sexy, so provocative. And his eyes were glued to mine.

This was going great, I was just about to finish and head off. I needed to get out, I felt like I haven't breath in hours.

Aaron finished taking the pictures and then he said his goodbyes.
I was just waiting to interview Bass and I was gone. But he was so busy, talking to people that it was impossible for me to talk to him.

I went to order a coffee when I felt a hand touching my shoulder.
"I'm sorry for keeping you, I'm ready now for the interview" he said sounding like so uptight. And I was sure that he was holding himself up. Just like I was.

We sat on the tables from the coffee shop and I started the interview.
I asked him some questions about the park, about the lessons, about his early life as a skater, and when we finished I looked around and we were the only ones here, well except that Jackson guy who looked like he was just about to leave.

Great

The only thing I didn't wanted, was to be alone with him.

I needed to get out of here.

"Thank you Bass I must get going" I said as I was picking up my stuff.
"Sure" he said and then continued "unless, you want to try on the ramps"
I felt a knot in my throat

Say no thank you
Say no thank you

"Yeah, why not?" I said

Idiot

"Great, let me get you a board, but you might wanna take off your heels" he said laughing and pointing at my high heels.

As I was taking off my shoes, Bass came with a board, a helmet and kneepads.

I put on everything that he got for me and we went to the ramps, he was holding his board.

I was nervous I hadn't skate since the camp.

"I don't know if I can do this Bass, I haven't done it since the camp" I said.
"Don't worry I'll help you, let's start with an easy one" he said.
He put the example for me to follow, he was so good at it. It was like in his nature. Then he came by my side, arranged my feet and told me "you can do this, You've done it before"

And then I let go, I was so uncomfortable with the skirt. I rode to the small ramp turned and came back but when I was coming back I couldn't stop and I crashed into Bass screaming

"I'm gonna hit you, I can't stop!!!!"

I crashed so hard into him that we both fell, making me land on top of him. And our mouths were just an inch apart.
I tried to pass some saliva. Time stoped, and when I realized what we were doing I stood up immediately.
"Im sorry" I said feeling the blood invading my cheeks. And Bass was wearing a big smile on his face.

____________________________

A/N

I'm falling in love with Bass! Does anyone feel the same way?

Please vote