Chapter 27

9 months later
(No, she's not pregnant)

Sebastian

It was Christmas all over again.
A full year has past since I first saw Valerie at my aunt Rose's party.

"Are you ready?" I asked Valerie, she was taking forever to get ready.
"Yes I am" she started going down the stairs, she looked gorgeous.
She was wearing a beautiful red long dress, with a slight open All the way up to her  thigh.
"You look amazing" I said truthfully. My eyes were full with love.
I kissed her forehead and we left to my Aunt Rose's party.

She was so nervous, she haven't seen anyone in the family since last Christmas, well I think it was my dad's funeral.

Jim managed to tell everyone what happened.

He never disrespect Valerie, he never talked bad about her, he just understood.

He was living his life in Chicago, and Valerie and I were living together at my house in Miami. And it was amazing, everyday was better than the previous day.
I just didn't get tired of her, of her beauty, of her kindness, of her love.
It was a year full of love, of happiness. Fights also, and I hate you moments. But most of all happy moments.

Val was nervous of seeing my family, of seeing my aunt Rose. I mean I knew that they were going to give us a hard time, because that was the way my family was, and because we really made a scandal back then.

I actually wasn't nervous, I couldn't be feeling prouder of us, of her.

As we arrived into the house, I could feel Valerie's hands sweating.

"Everything is going to be alright" I said looking at her. And she nodded.

For months we were the talk of  everyone in my family.
My cousins were calling me to tell me that I was a son of a bitch, but in my defense, I knew her before Jim did.

But right now, after nine months, everyone was so chilled about it, and they knew that we were so in love. And after the months past everyone was made to the idea that Val and I were supposed to end up together.

And I must say, that I do believe in soulmates, and Val was mine.

As we got into my aunt Rose's house everyone greeted at us, like if nothing had happened, we were old news.

"Bass, Valerie, it's so nice to see you both" my aunt Rose said as we walked inside her house. As I said before, my aunt was crazy, a mess, a circus, she couldn't care less about my life or Valerie's.

Valerie and I went to where my cousins where, and again they saluted me and then they slapped me on my head as always.
Everyone said hello to Valerie and then everyone stood quiet while looking to the entrance.

Jim entered the house and stood there at the front door looking at us, at me and Valerie.

I didn't know how his reaction will be, he hated me, and Valerie as well. Everyone seemed nervous of what was he doing next. But everyone was surprised when he smiled at us and started to walk towards us.

"Hello everyone" he said
"You can stop looking my way, Bass Breath and I are on good terms, aren't we Bass? He said
I laughed at his bad joke, and then I offered him my hand smiling, he grabbed my hand with strength and then with his other hand he gave me a straight punch to my jaw. I stumbled to the back because he got me off guard, Valerie grabbed me so I wouldn't fall. I felt a throbbing pain in my face as I grabbed my jaw with both hands, looking at Jim.

I deserved that.

I stared at Valerie who was looking at me with worried eyes.
"I'm sorry man, I had to do that, now we're cool" he said laughing.

I swallowed my pain and then hugged him.
My crazy family clapped and cheer.

"I'm sorry man" I said honestly
"No heart feelings" he said

Jim turn to see Valerie and said
"Hey Val" he approached her and hugged her. Val was surprised about his reaction.

"Diner is ready!!!!!!!" Aunt Rose shouted.
And everyone went to have a seat, we talked, we laughed everything was good. My family was so crazy and Val was part of it now.

After the party ended Val and I went home, we didn't drink much because we didn't wanted to end up sleeping on my aunt's house.

When we got home we laid in bed together, she got closer for me to hug her and then I pulled out her Christmas present.

A little Christmas bag, Valerie's eyes widened in surprise and affection, I pulled out of the bag a little box where a beautiful diamond ring waited for her response. And with all the love I felt for her I said

"Val, will you marry me?"

She raised her look towards me, her eyes bursted in tears and then she threw herself at me.

"A million times yes" she said.