Chapter 17

Valerie

I knew what he was doing. I knew what his intentions were.

He was trying to make me jealous.

And the worst things was

That he was succeeding.

I wanted to be that girl, Darla, I wanted to be held by him, I wanted to be kissed by him.
I tried no to look at him. But I just couldn't.
Jim was a little caught up with working in his phone so he wasn't paying a lot of attention to what I was doing.
And that was looking at him. At Bass.

He was so good at what he was doing, acting, playing me.

And it was just when he kissed her that I snapped. My insides were burning. With jealousy, with anger, with desire.

I ate a big peace of sushi thinking in his mouth.

I needed to get to Chicago. Soon. To never see him again in my life, because he brought things in me that I've never felt before. Dangerous things.

The only thing was that I received the news today that My transfer to Chicago wasn't going to be ready until February, and Jim was leaving next week. And that was what I was about to tell him.

"Babe, I have some bad news" I said as I took a sip of my drink.
"What?" He asked intrigued
"Michael told me today that my transfer to Chicago won't be ready until February, so you'll have to go without me and I'll get there on February"
"That's not problem sweetie, I'll set up everything for you" he said. He was the sweetest, most understandable guy
"I'll miss you" he said
"Me too, It'll only be one month" I said.

I looked at Bass who was getting up of the table. She grabbed Darla from the waist and came over to our table
"You are leaving so soon?" Jim said to him as they were getting closer
"Yes, we have things to do" Bass said looking at Darla with kinky eyes and I couldn't help but to feel so envious of her.
She was so tall and pretty. I could see why he liked her.

Jim and I went home that evening, and again as he made love to me I thought of Bass.
This was bad
I had it bad for him
This was ruining me
This was ruining my perfect life with Jim.
This needed to stop.
But how?
How could I stop this feelings, this lust, this hunger I felt for him.

A month flew by without seeing Bass, but my feelings for him got worse. Every time of everyday I thought of him. Jim went to Chicago and I was left alone in Miami. It took so much strength for me to not go see Bass, I wanted to stalk him, but I couldn't.
Well I did stalk him but from Darla's social media. Who I came to hate, to envy. Thank god her Instagram wasn't private, She always uploaded pictures of them together, kissing, holding, they we're together, like as in a couple. And I stalked them at least twice a day.
I was going crazy.
And at night I touched myself thinking about Bass.