Chapter 18

Sebastian

I was trying to move on.
Trying to have the first relationship of my whole life, with Darla. Who wasn't that annoying, I could tolerate her, she was smart, and so beautiful. Nothing like Valerie, but still.

I haven't seen Valerie in a while, she must've left for Chicago with Jim. I heard from my aunt Rose that he was already gone.

And I felt lost.

Crushed.

Defeated.

But the only thing that was left for me, was trying to move on.

How could it be that I only saw her for a few times and she came to change my life in the most shattering way.

She is one of that type of woman that go through your life and break everything in her way, leaving everything messed up. And now I have to put everything back together.

I was resting at the skate park when my phone rang, it was my uncle Robert, the brother of my father.

That's weird.

"Uncle, what's up?" I asked.
"Hello Sebastian, I'm sorry but I have some bad news" he said, and I could sense the worry in his voice.
I felt nervous.
"What happened? I asked standing up from my seat.
"I'm afraid is your father, he         Had a heart attack" he said
"What? Is he okey? Please tell me he is fine?" I begged
"I'm sorry son" he said with a low voice.
I stood quiet
"He didn't make it, it happened at night, the housekeeper found him in the morning, he died in his sleep, if that's of any comfort" he said.

I couldn't answer. I was speechless. My throat begin to burn.
I felt the tears coming.

My uncle was flying my father's body to Miami, because he wanted to be buried here next to my mom.

I felt so bad for my dad. I was so down.

After my dad's funeral, we went to the reception at my house. Everyone was so sad. It was so sudden, nobody expected this. Sylvie was devastated also, she knew my father since forever, she prepared some snacks for the reception.

I was so tired, tired of crying, of feeling, of thinking.

Everyone came to gave their respects to me and my father. Everyone in my family cried with me and showed me their support. After all we were always there for each other.
My aunt Rose hugged me
"You have me sweetheart" she said with pitty eyes. My aunt Rose was crazy, everyone was dressed in black, but not my aunt Rose, she was wearing a pink dress, because she said "we must celebrate life", she always had such strange ideas, but she always made me laugh. She also told me that Jim couldn't make it, because he was on Chicago, but that he sends his condolences. And that reminded me of Valerie.

Darla was with me the whole day, supporting me, my cousins were also there and all of our family.

Just as the evening came, and everyone was leaving I saw the only person I didn't expected to see entering my house.

Valerie

She was wearing a black dress and her hair was in a pony tale, just the way I love.

I thought that she was in Chicago.

I stood there in shock of seeing her. It's been a month and I've missed her, I have thought of her every single day.

She approached me and I felt nervous, nervous of having contact with her, nervous of relapsing again on the addiction that was her.

And then she threw herself at me, she hugged me hard.

I inhaled her delicious scent, touched her soft skin. It felt good, it felt safe, I hugged her back from the waist.

And it was a moment that I didn't want to erase ever from my mind. This feeling.

Oh god, I love her so much

I hate you, I love you On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara