Chapter 9

Valerie

I woke up on Jim's bedroom at his parent's house. I took me a moment to realize where I was. To process what had just happened last night.
From meeting Jim's parents, to seeing Bass, to almost kissing Bass on the bathroom, to wanting Bass, to dreaming about Bass, to making love to Jim thinking about Bass.

I needed this week to be over. To be back to my normal and routinary life with Jim. To go back to work. And to stop thinking about Bass.

I got out of bed and took a long shower , hoping to wash off all of my thoughts.

When I came out, Jim was just waking up.
"Hello beautiful" He said, he was holding something in his hands. A little gift box.
"Hey" I said.
"Come, I want to give you something"
I sat on the bed and he gave me the little box
"Merry Christmas" he said.
I opened it and it was a pair of diamond earnings. They were so beautiful.
"Jim, they are amazing, you didn't have to" I said.
"I didn't get you anything" I said, with all the rush about meeting his parents I totally forgot.

When we got downstairs for breakfast everyone was there, apparently all stayed over, I mean no one could really drive in their condition.

Everyone seemed like they were dying, so hangover, everyone was silent and wearing robes and pijamas, or even the clothes from yesterday.
I took a quick look at Bass, he was seating at the end of the table drinking a cup of coffee, he was wearing nothing but his ripped jeans. Shirtless.

Fuck

He had a very sexy six pack and a messy hair, but his eyes were so red. His face looked a little sleepy, he hadn't seen me yet.

"Good morning sweetie, you look so clean already" Rose said to me hanging me a cup of delicious smelling coffee, she was wearing a robe and all of her make up from yesterday was still there. She was a disaster. Everyone was.

"Thank you Mrs Carter" I said.
"Please call me Rose, dear" she said and I smiled.

Bass raised his head towards me and made a sign with his head, like saluting me, but no smiling. He was so serious.

And his eyes clearly had a sign of hate, like he was disgusted.

When Jim and I sat on the kitchen table, Bass stood up and said
"Aunt Rose, thank you for everything, I'm gonna get going, I have to prepare for the competition tomorrow" he said, and I remember that I had offer to write about it.

You idiot

He took a last glance at me, he offered me a sad smile, that literally wet my pants, and then he left.

When he was gone, Mrs. Carter started to talk about him. She's was so easy going.
"That boy needs to settle down" she said to everyone, referring to Bass.
"Don't you have a friend for him sweetie?" Rose asked me.
I shivered at the thought.
I offered her a smile and said "no, sorry, I moved here a year ago, I don't know anyone"
"That's a shame" she said.

____________________________

What do you think about this one???

Eager to read your comments!!

Please vote 🗳