𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Delilah awoke the next morning and stretched. She realised she was still in her black and white dress from the night before. She yawned and got out of bed, going over to the mirror and gasping.

"Oh my god. I look terrible." She said to herself. Her hair was all over the place and her makeup was a mess. She looked like a clown. Delilah quickly stripped her clothes off and took a nice shower before changing her clothes. Once she was ready, she went downstairs and gasped when she saw what was on the ground. There was lavender with a dead woman laid on top, her wrists slit. "Oh my god." Delilah said before rushing over.

"So, my first sire wants to kill you." Klaus said to Elijah as they walked into the compound. "Yours wants to kill me. Makes you regret turning any vampires in the first place."

"Well, the division of labour seems crystal clear, two of them, two of us..." Elijah said before he and Klaus stopped, seeing Delilah and the dead woman on the lavender.

"I just found her like this." Delilah said as she backed away from the body. Klaus quickly went over and pulled a note from the dead woman's hand before handing it to Elijah.

"Roses are red. Lavender is blue. Come find me before I find you." Elijah read.

"Who is it?" Delilah asked.

"Trust me, I don't think you want to know." Elijah said.

"Actually, I kinda do." Delilah said.

"This is a special message from Tristan's sister, also known as Niklaus' ex-lover." Elijah said, making Delilah's eyes widen in shock.

"Oh, well maybe I shouldn't have asked after all." Delilah said.

"I remember her a better poet." Klaus said as he looked at the note.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that this is lacking in poetry." Elijah said as he checked to see if the woman was still alive. She wasn't.

"She wants us to find her, so let's." Klaus said.

"Someone seems eager." Delilah muttered.

"The last time you even said her name was a thousand years ago when you told me never to speak it again in your presence." Elijah said.

"So, I'm to wait till she leaves her little calling cards all over my home?" Klaus asked.

"There's something you should know." Elijah said.

"Oh no. What did you do?" Delilah asked.

"When mother seized control of my mind, unleashing those monstrosities that lurk behind the red door, I saw something. Aurora was there." Elijah said, standing up.

"And on top of everything, she's named after a Disney princess. I have absolutely nothing to worry about now." Delilah said sarcastically.

"You don't have anything to worry about." Klaus assured her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "As for Elijah, if you mean to confess a thousand-year-old secret that will divide us after our hard won reconciliation, then te absolvo, brother. There is nothing you could have done involving her that would be worse than what she did to me."

"Please do not dismiss this, Nikl-"

"Whatever it is, it can wait." Klaus said. "We have a plate of here and now problems, and I mean to clear it. If it makes you feel any better, we can kill Aurora together. Then neither of us need play her little mind games ever again."

"Well then, let's find your ex." Delilah said.

Delilah, Klaus and Elijah left the compound, going out into the French quarter. There was a parade going on. Jazz music was playing to celebrate the Axeman of New Orleans.

"Brother, she could be anywhere." Elijah said.

"How exactly do you intend on finding her?" Delilah asked.

"She'll leave a mark. That is, after all, her favourite game." Klaus said.

Delilah and Elijah looked around, not seeing anything that would lead them closer to Aurora.

"This mark that you speak of. I see nothing, brother." Elijah said before they both turned around and Klaus was gone.

"Where did he go?" Delilah asked.

♡♡♡♡

𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Delilah returned back to the compound and saw the place was a mess. After losing Klaus, Delilah spent the day with Hayley and Davina. She didn't know what was going on, but she was going to find out. She went upstairs and saw Klaus in his room, his head in his hands.

"Klaus, what the hell happened down there?" Delilah asked as she walked inside, making him look up.

"Aurora told me everything." He said.

"About what?" She asked, sitting next to him.

"The town had heard about creatures who fed on blood. My siblings and I decided we had to run. At this point, Aurora had been turned by Rebekah. I begged her to come with us, but she refused, saying she no longer loved me and that I was a beast, a monster. She said Elijah compelled her to say all that so that she would not come with us. That was Elijah's secret." Klaus explained.

"So, I'm guessing Aurora is back to protect Rebekah?" Delilah asked.

"Apparently so. You should know, she kissed me." Klaus said.

"Oh." Delilah said, not really knowing how to react. It was not like they were together or anything but at the same time, they were in love and they both acknowledged it. It was strange.

"I didn't feel anything though. Not like it used to feel. The only girl I want to kiss...is you." He said, now looking up at her. Delilah wanted nothing more than to kiss him, but they still weren't ready yet.

"Niklaus-"

"I know. We're not ready yet." Klaus said as he took a hold of her perfectly manicured hand. "But when we are, I will be here, and I will tell you what I've been wanting to tell you all this time."

Delilah nodded and squeezed his hand.