𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝙴𝙿𝙸𝚂𝙾𝙳𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

It was the middle of the afternoon when Klaus took Delilah out so that they could spend some quality time together. They were in the middle of the French quarter where there was a band playing jazz music. They saw a few people dancing and Klaus decided he was going to dance with his soulmate.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked with his hand out.

"I would love to." Delilah smiled, placing her hand in his before they went over to where everyone else was and began dancing. "You know, when I woke up this morning, I was convinced today was gonna be a crap day. It turns out, this is the best day of my entire life. Actually, second best."

"Second best? I'm always at the top of every list, love. What has taken the number one position?" Klaus asked.

"It was the day Rebekah took me to see my favourite band in the whole world. I was the biggest fan girl. My favourite moment was when Rebekah got the band members to meet me and my favourite band member, who I had a literal crush on, kissed my cheek. I literally passed out in Rebekah's arms." Delilah chuckled. "I think I was fifteen then."

"Bands are overrated. It's all about the solo performers." Klaus said before spinning her.

"Shut up." She said, making him laugh before he kissed her nose. He pulled away and just gazed lovingly at her. "What?" Delilah asked.

"I just...I just love you..so much." Klaus said, making Delilah smile wide as she blushed heavily. Klaus couldn't hold back a smile as he took in all of his soulmate's features. Her sparkly blue/grey eyes, her shiny dirty blonde hair, her perfect, porcelain skin, her full, plump lips and even the tiny beauty spot on top of the right side of her mouth. "You are perfect."

Delilah felt her heart pounding rapidly. She had never felt like this with anyone before but it was such a good feeling. Delilah bit her bottom lip as she rested her forehead on his. Just as Klaus was going to lean in for their second kiss, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. Suddenly, his face dropped when he pulled away and looked over Delilah's shoulder which she noticed. "What's wrong?" Delilah turned around and saw a tall man in a black leather jacket, staring at them before he disappeared.

"We need to leave." Klaus said.

♡♡♡♡

Delilah and Klaus had arrived back at the compound where they were met by Elijah and Freya.

"It was him. It was Gaspar Cortez." Klaus said.

"Who is he?" Delilah asked.

"I assume this is someone from your box of letters." Freya said.