22| Something Wicked

AN:
Hello, guys. This is a quick update again. Luckily, I have more free time to write during this weekend.

Enjoy the story :)

***

Another busy day consumes me at work

Another busy day consumes me at work. After the lunch break, Jake and I have been handling some other sales and purchase agreements.

I'm busy typing on my laptop when George suddenly appears in front of our desks. I automatically stand up.

Why the sudden change? If he needs anything, he can just call us to come to his office, not the other way around.

"You two need to come with me," he says. "We're meeting the Senior Vice President."

My jaw instantly drops. I glance at Jake, who shares the same expression.

Why would the SVP of this company call the interns? He's like, so high up there, directly reporting to the Chairman.

Heads are snapped toward us as our colleagues also wonder what's going on.

Did Jake and I make any significant mistakes? I'm starting to worry too much.

But we don't have any time to wonder about that, because George has clearly indicated that we have no other options.

We follow George, heading out from our division, and walk to the other wing on this level.

Once we arrive in front of the SVP's room, we're greeted by his secretary. "He's inside," she says.

While stepping into his office, I read the name board attached on his door.

Mark Thompson
Senior Vice President of Strategic Planning and Exploration

I gulp, and my hands are suddenly sweaty. His office is so huge, probably two times bigger than George's office, and the air is so damn intimidating.

"Mark," calls George, approaching the desk.

Mark looks up from the documents on his desk, eyeing the three of us. He looks like he's in his late 40s. A big smile creeps on his face.

"Well, look who we have here. What a delight to meet fresh graduates. Fresh from the oven." He walks from his desk.

George clears his throat. "Interns," he corrects, reminding his boss that we haven't even graduated from our universities.

But Mark seems to shake that information off, as if they're just the same thing.

He shakes Jake's hand first.

"I'm Jake Spencer. It's good to see you, Sir," Jake says.

"Lais Hernandez," I introduce myself, shaking his hand as well. "What an honor to meet you, Sir." Mark's grip is firm, just as I expected.