44| Next to the Bad Boy

Warning:
Strong sexual content ahead.

OK guys, I'd like to warn you that since Jake and Lais are together, there will be more mature scenes. It might be equal to the number of scenes that Vaughn and Melanie have in Deeper. I feel like... I have to make things fair for both couples...

***

I'm trying my best to prevent the rage inside my chest from exploding after hearing Lais' story about what just happened inside the bookstore

That man has something to do with her stepfather.

And that man fucking dared to threaten her.

Clenching my fist tight at my side, I rush outside the store, ignoring Lais, who's shouting my name. I snap my head around, looking for the bastard, but he's nowhere to be found.

I run across the street and make my way down the pavement, checking all the alleys that I pass. But still, I can't find that man.

Panting, I curse silently. Dammit. He's managed to escape. My heart is restless, because I know that he lives nearby and that he may threaten Lais again to get Tuck.

But there's no way that I'm going to let him hurt Lais. As long as I'm here.

Another week has passed after the incident at the bookstore, and this weekend, we stay in Jake's house

Another week has passed after the incident at the bookstore, and this weekend, we stay in Jake's house. We spend our Friday night chilling in his living room, watching some blockbuster movies.

Fortunately, I haven't encountered James again, and that's a relief. Jake insists that he'll accompany me while I work in the bookstore, but that will be too much of a hassle.

I don't think that James would dare to come again after what happened back then with Jake. James should have been aware that there's a CCTV inside the store too -- we won't think twice about reporting him to the police if he threatens me again.

On Saturday morning, I find myself wrapped in Jake's arms again -- he's hugging me from behind while we're sleeping.

I'm about to open my eyes, but it feels so peaceful that I feel like going back to sleep. And that's when I feel a tingling sensation from my sensitive area down there.