26| The Worst of Me

AN:
Hi guys. Before we begin this chapter, please excuse the explicit language.

***

Fucking bastard

Fucking bastard. How dare he touched Lais.

Sick, perverted old man needs to be reminded where he belongs. Hell.

If Lais hadn't stopped me, crying on my chest, I would have made him feel much more pain. The pain he would never forget.

And now, this crazy asshole apparently dares to threaten me with his power. I'm fucking mad at him.

And at myself. How could I not realize it sooner?

I've been thinking that he's suspicious since the first time I saw him, but I tried to shake it off because he seemed to recognize all of Lais' hard work lately, and I would support her since that's all she'd been dreaming of.

However, she was always tensed every time she came back from his office, and that has been bothering my mind for quite some time.

And tonight, I've decided to come here.

Fuck. I was so stupid.

Has he been putting his hands on her all this time? Every time he calls her?

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Do you think you can get away from me after what you've done, Jake?" Mark hollers, still threatening me with his words.

But I ignore him. I cup Lais' cheeks, studying her. "Are you okay?"

She nods, her lips trembling, tears rolling down her face. My jaw tightens, and I take her hand in mine, leading her out of this room.

"You fucked up boy. You're dead, Jake!" Mark shouts. "Dead!"

I can hear him still yelling at me when we exit his office, but I don't have any reason to stay there any second longer.

It's the last place that Lais needs to step her feet into. I need to take her to anywhere else but there. Take her away from that bastard.

 Take her away from that bastard