Using What We've Got

(Art by miracide on Aminoapps)

Train Station

"Everyone has their costumes right? Remember you don't have permission to wear then out in public. Make sure you mind your manners with the other people during the internship as well. That's all." Mr.Aizawa told your class a few things before you left for your internships.

"Hosu..." You looked around for the train you were meant to be on. Your parents barely let you be on these. The only time you've been in your whole life was with your grandma but your parents still don't know. They thought you could get hurt or something. They cared for you as much as you did them. But they could be really protective...

You got onto the train as your classmate Iida got on. "Kaneko going to Hosu as well?" He turned to you. He seemed a tad more psychotic ever since what happened to his brother. "Yeah that's where my person is..." You looked around.

"Iida." He turned to you. "What is it classmate?" He asked. "Don't do anything you'll regret." You kept your face turned towards the window. "Of course not." He chuckled. 'Definitely more psychotic...'

10:27am

You arrived just in time to meet the hero you were interning with. You knock on the door of a well built one story Japanese home. It was on private property. "Who's there?" The pro hero opened his door. 'Was that a knock knock joke reference?' You asked yourself. "Your my intern. I'm Y/n Kaneko nice to meet you!" He opened the door wider allowing you to walk in.

10:31am

You sipped a cup of tea he had prepared for you as he paced back and forth in front of you. "In your email it says you are looking for different ways to use your quirk right?" You nod and hum to his words. "Your quirk allows you to make holograms that can be resized and reformed into any shape, almost similar to my force fields..." "Oh that's sick." He whisper yelled to his own words. "Ok I have a giant warm up space in another place on my property, lets start." He said then you stood up.

Warm Up

You were in your costume waiting for instructions. "You don't have many support items. For your quirk it's hard to go up for different varieties of opponents making different battles harder and easier than others. When fighting me make sure you keep note of things you wish you had or could do with your quirk or just at all." 1-UP said from the other side of his outdoor gym.

He threw two of his force fields at you like disk. You caught one as the other went elsewhere. In the split second you turn your head to look at it 1-UP is already in front of you and tagged you.

'Tag?' "I don't want to hurt you so we'll make attacks and see how many times we can tag each other. If you tag me ten times you can eat lunch." He grinned and went back to the other side. "I'm ready whenever you are!" He waved.

'Having a quirk that would allow me not to pause in between attacks would be good for this. His attacks are two fast for my quirk to operate. Of course I could speed my brain up but I'd be out for the rest of the day and I don't want to rely on it all of the time. The things I used to project myself off the ground. I wasn't flying just simply not falling. What if I took that and...... no it can't be. If I just put it everywhere. Then I could move around without hitting the ground. I wouldn't have to pause in between attacks!'

You got set, moving the holograms throughout your body from the inside rather than wasting the energy you usually do. You jumped forward as the pro hero put a shield up to block you form him. You land for a split second and jump over it in a flash. You jump at him and tag him. "Your done!" He cheered. You stood there dumbfounded. "That was only o-" "Yeah but I just thought that was how much time it'd take for you to use that. I know I should've told you but in the hero life you have to be able to figure out these things on your own." He explained and you nodded.

You looked at your legs that felt a bit tingling and wobbly after using it for the first time. Like how it feels when you sit for a long time and finally stand. You'll need some type of item to help with that. But you'll just use what you have to for now.