🌌Chapter 8: Tent Talk

Mt Taoko Forest

Your pov

As a group, you all spent the rest of the day navigating to find a perfect spot to set up base. It was finally decided that you'd set up not too far away from the local camping bathhouse.

And after the cooking of portable-stove ramen, came the classic scary stories..

All of which shook you to the core, the focus on Curses specifically catching you off everytime without fail..

"And legend has it, he left behind each of his 20 fingers.."

You'd be damned if you ever had to face him... The literal Curse King!

You held Ieiri close letting out another huge scream. She didn't even seem remotely compelled by the two males' 'scary rumours' and yawned.

"You just had to go over Sukuna, didn't you Getou, " Gojou snorted, "Now look, she won't sleep tonight!"

"W-Would you just shut up!" You still held into Ieiri, "Whoever invented such a genre of stories.. Was twisted."

"Can't be twisted if they're based on true events (L/n).." Getou shrugged, getting up, "Moving on, I think we should retire.. We've got a busy day tomorrow."

"That's right, Gojou told me we'd be going fishing!" You let go of Ieiri's arm, "I have to admit, it was random but it's one way of being active right?"

This made both older teens glance at the white-haired suspect. He stopped shoving sweets into his mouth to turn and swallow, reading the situation quickly.

"Right!" He smiled your way, "Perfect season for the dead-- dead gorgeous fish!"

"..Okay...Well, this is goodnight!" You brushed off the weird moment as just his usual odd behaviorisms.

"Don't die. " Getou said, going into his tent.

"Ahaha..." You tried to ignore the male's statement as Ieiri approached you.

"Night, and..." Ieiri leant over to your ear, whispering your way whilst you became a mess again.

"...!" You put the rubbish in the bin and went into the tent.

Gojou was still sat by the fire and looked completely oblivious, cleaning his shades,

"What did you tell her..?"

Ieiri covered up her surprise and tapped her nose, "Nothing she shouldn't know.."

////////

Whilst Gojou left the tent again to fill up his water bottle, you got changed and climbed into your sleeping bag.

Chou had finally returned from his little adventure and settled down in the corner of the tent.

"Mrow."

"Night Chou.."

Gojou returned and decided not to speak, even though he could tell you were awake. Once in his own sleeping bag, there was a comfortable silence in which you were about to drift off.

But then you rolled over, facing Gojou's wide blue eyes, your face warm as he too seemed surprised.

You rolled away from him immediately, determined to get some sleep. But he started to complain about not being able to fall asleep..

"Hey, (L/n), " He fidgeted around like a worm, "I really can't sleep.."

This made your brow twitch, "J-Just do what you would do if I wasn't here..!"

He got even closer to you, "But you're my roommate, it's your duty to help!"

"Gojou, this is a tent, a temporary--" You froze in shock as he flopped down not too far behind you.

"..Alright, " He sighed, looking at your head, "I'll stop now."

His sad tone made you feel terrible, the guilt keeping you up. So, using your arms, you rested your head upright, facing Gojou.

"It's cool.. I-It's not like I could really sleep anyway, " You watched his smile come back, "Let's talk then."

"About what?" He laid facing upwards, arms under his head.

"Hm, let's do why we want to become Jujutsu Sorcerers, " He nodded as you spoke, " And, I've always wondered what your abilities were too."

"Well, to put it short, I want to completely change the Jujutsu System, " He looked to the top of the tent, "It's completely corrupt. And all the higher ups are too full of themselves."

"I see.. And how do you intend to make that change?" You tilted your head, "And I've heard rumours, but is it true you tipped the odds in our favour against the Curses..?"

"..I possess a rare ability, the 'Six Eyes', " His hands went up to his face, "I can see ahead and analyse what my enemies weak points are. No matter how strong they might be."

You tried to suppress your curiosity, but couldn't help leaning in as he took off his shades; he always managed to have them on.

"And with my family's 'Limitless' Curse Technique, all special moves towards me are slowed down," He held a hand out to you, "Try and place yours on mine."

"Hm?" You noticed how when you reached close, it did in fact 'stop', "...I..I don't get-"

"It basically slows you down greatly once you reach the infinity between us, " His fingers slowly intertwined with yours, "But I can go like this."

"I see.. You really are a prodigy, " Your lips curved into a sincere smile, "I have my own reason to be a sorcerer. But I wouldn't mind watching you on the way.."

He felt his face grow warm at the sight of your radiant and kind features. The teen was beginning to think you were honestly doing this on purpose..

"And what would that be?" He let go of your hand, trying to hide his blush, "I mean, your reason to become a sorcerer?"

"Oh.. To relieve people of their worries," You laid down, facing him, "That is what Curses are at the end of the day."

"You don't have any higher motives?" You watched his blue eyes reflect the slight moon glow in the tent.

"Nope, " You shook your head giggling, "My wish is pretty simple like that."

You tried your best not to close your eyes, wishing you could stay there for an eternity. Enjoying the summer night with him like that.

But you knew that wouldn't be the case. Life was made to progress and change.

Just as you were about to fall asleep, you felt a slight shift in the air. And saw that Gojou had snuggled his face near your chest, the random movement usually enough to make you yell at him..

But in this case, you just laid still. It's not like you had the heart to shove him off, and you were far too drowsy to care..

Your wish was humble and selfless.
He admired that deeply.

Aww :) I think I'll try and get another chapter out today!

Thanks for reading! ❤