🌠Chapter 15: Comforted

Your pov

A barely noticable nod was all she needed, and she held your head up slowly. Wiping away your tears, she fixed your beret.

"My love, it's not going to be a walk in the park at first.. Remember, things take time--"

"My teacher's insufferable Mother.. And I made a fool of myself all over again..!" A new wave of tears fell down and the woman frowned.

"(Y/n), remember what your Grandpa told you?" This made you look up in her eyes, "..That it's alright if not everyone likes you.. It doesn't stop you from being special."

"..B-But-

"No buts, " She shook her finger, "These things happen, but don't you ever forget those words of encouragement.."

"Meow.." Chou nestled his way into the embrace and you rolled your eyes.

"Okay, I'm over it.." A little laugh left you, "I'm gonna go have a shower.. Then maybe try and get some work done.."

"Oh? You're already getting things to do?" Your Mother pet Chou on his head, "..On the first day?"

"Mother, 'insufferable teacher' remember..?" This made her nod slowly whilst you trodded up the stairs.

////////// 3 hours later, 10:40pm...

Mother's pov

"Meow.."

"What was that?"

I looked up from my book to the cat, and followed his gaze to the clock,

10:40pm

"That girl.. She hasn't even come down for a meal or anything..?" I clicked my tongue, getting up to make a quick meal.

"I swear, she always pushes herself.. She gets it from you Father.."

Chou leapt down from the seat and purred, walking around my legs. I smiled at this but still shook my head..

"..I can't help but worry she might exhaust herself at this rate, " I placed the food on a plate and made a quick mug of hot chocolate.

It was always a concern of mine that
(Y/n) was never content in just being different. That's why I fearfully didn't speak to her that much about Curses..

I could only pray that the words her Grandfather said to her would somehow be her new way of living.

And letting her go off to Japan was so hard for me, but I knew she would be okay.

"..Who am I kidding, she's a grown woman, she can handle the world, " I laughed, "That Satoru though.. I feel like he is good for her."

I headed upstairs with Chou and knocked on her door, to recieve no responce.

"(Y/n).. I'm coming in.."

Chou ran ahead and leapt up on her bed, the girl stirring from her nap slowly.

"Chou..?" She used her hands to pick up the feline and move him onto the floor again.

"I bring offerings~" I chimed stepping in, "Your room is so messy hm..?"

Books splayed all over the floor, papers scattered on her desk and a notepad over her face.

'Typical (Y/n)..'

Your pov

You sighed, removing the book from your face and stared at the food in her hands. Your stomach rumbled and she laughed at this, walking over.

"Just eat and then go to sleep, " She put the plate on the bed and the mug on the table, "Don't overwork yourself.. I love you, goodnight."

"Night Mother.." You watched her leave the room and sighed taking a bite out of the food, "...Even her pasta tastes the same.."

A warm feeling found it's way into your body and you smiled thoughtfully at the meal.

"And hot chocolate..!" You reached to take a sip of the drink and swooned.

Then it dawned on you.. Even though it seemed as though years of work in France was going to be hard.

Your Mother and Chou were always there to lift your spirit. And for that, you were forever grateful to have them in your life...

"Maybe these years won't be so unbearable.." Sitting up on the large window sill, you stared up into the snowy dark sky.

Each cluster of snowflakes were illuminated by the tall streetlights, before falling onto the white ground down below.

'It really is beautiful...'

You wondered if he saw it too.

Awe~

We stan Mother..

Well, that would be the second chapter to catch up.. Chapters will be regular from now on!

Thanks for reading! ❤