✨Chapter 22: The Decision

Your pov

6:20 am

The sun was just rising, you could see the light coming through the sheer curtains...

Sat curled up in the bed, you rubbed your tired eyes, '...I don't know what to do..'

**BUZZ**

You looked at the phone still on the floor where you threw it, and got up to answer.

You felt your heart drop when you read the caller ID,

"..Hey."

"Morning..!" His cheerful voice made you feel terrible, "Why do you sound so down?"

"..I just couldn't sleep last night, " You bit your lip, rubbing your arm, "I'm just, nervous teaching alone."

"Oh...You sure that's all..?"

You had to take slow breaths, 'I wish I could just tell you...'

"N-No, I'm fine honestly that's all!" At this point, you were pretty sure he could tell something was up..

" (Y/n) listen, you don't have anything to worry about... you'll do great!"

"Thanks Gojou.." You sighed, getting up.

/////////

You sat in the front seat of the car. The whole team was on the way to the destination, and you kept conversation to a minimum with Ijichi.

The man could practically feel the rage oozing off of you, and instead focused on the road.

"(L/n)-Sensei.. are you good?" Itadori asked, leaning past the two seats.

You turned your head and faced the boy with a tender look, "..I'm alright, Itadori.."

"Oh, alright, " He sat back, "Also, I dunno about Fushiguro and Kugizaki, but you can call me by my first name; you're still a teacher. Even if you're an assistant to Gojou-Sensei."

'Yuji..'

Your eyes widened a little, it never even crossed your mind to call them by their first names...

You just didn't think you could.

"..N-No no, surely I can't-"

"..I don't actually mind, " Nobara added, "Fushiguro?"

She ended up having to grab the phone out of his hands, "..Huh..? Oh, right, sure.."

You let out a sigh with a small smile, "If you insist.."

"We're here."

You looked at Ijichi, your lips turning into a straight line once again...

/////////

You all stop outside the detention centre, and Ijichi fills the team in on their task at hand. But you all turned to the commotion by the caution tape,

"Is Tadashi.. Is my son alright..!" A woman called from behind the police, "It can't be.."

She was stopped by the guarding officers, dread plastered over her features.

"We'll save them.." Yuji was now more determined than ever.

"Of course.." Nobara added, the two going into the building.

Before he left, you nudged Megumi, "If you run into any issues, don't hesitate to call me.."

"Got it." He left with the others and you just watched on, mentally prepared for the worst.

Ijichi didn't miss this interaction and cleared his throat, "(L/n), you do remember I said n-not to interfere.."

That's when your eyes darted to his, the fury that gleamed within each (e/c) iris making the man stumble back.

"Ijichi, I think it's only fair that you also don't 'interfere' with my whole damn team, " You spoke lowly, "..Nobody said I was gonna move."

"R-Right.." He gulped.

////////// 3 hours later...

You looked out for a sign, anything to pinpoint their current standing. The truth was, with each passing moment, your anxiety only worsened..

"Oh.. It's raining, " The man looked up, pulling out an umbrella, "(L/n), we can wait in the car.."

"..I'll stay here, " You shook your head, "You can go."

"Fine.." He turned to walk, and Chou sat by you.

"Wait, Ijichi, "  You squinted in the distance and saw a creature bounding over, "..That mark, it's Megumi's."

The frog Shikigami was carrying a passed out Nobara in its mouth and you turned to the man.

"Take her to a hospital, and expand the evacuation zone by another 10 kilometres please. "

He took her in his arms, "A-Aren't you going come as well, things are getting out of hand.."

You looked back at the crashing building, "I'm staying. He wouldn't have sent the Shikigami alone if he wasn't in trouble.."

"If you're sure.." He took his leave, and you felt your phone ring,

"..."

"Megumi..?" You immediately answered, "Megumi answer me, tell me your location-"

"It's too late (L/n)-Sensei..."

You started running, "Megumi, where are you..?"

Chou ran ahead, and you followed the cat, ducking and swerving through the building's rubble.

He stopped and you skidded, turning a corner to spot Megumi holding his phone in his hand. His dark eyes focused on the body in front of him...

"Shit.."

"..He's dead, " The boy watched you walk over to the corpse and crouch down, "Sukuna tore out his heart.."

You thought the High-Level Curse would've killed him. This was a shocker.

You sighed and closed your eyes frowning, 'Sukuna's still residing deep inside..'

"That bastard is too selfish to let go of such a vessel, " You spoke under your breath, "There's still a slither of hope. But things are gonna be complicated.."

"..What..?"  Fushiguro stumbled forward, "I-Is he still.. alive..?"

"His body isn't, " You stood up and looked at the teen sternly, "But he's fighting real hard right now. Just pray for him."

Noooo, Yuji :,(

Is it just me, or was I the only one shook when they killed him off that quick 😂

Thanks for reading!❤

꜏˔꜊ hi