✨Chapter 29: Appreciation

Your pov

"Rest in peace." You breathed, fixing your beret.

After staying sat for the bench for a few more minutes, you realised the time and decided to finally head back home. It was getting late, and you had to report the mission as 'completed'...

///////// Later at the flat, 6pm...

"I'm home..."

Slowly pushing open the door, you were greeted with a loud silence. A little frown grew onto your lips and you stepped out your heels.

'He isn't back yet...'

No surprise there, but it was more noticeable now. And whether you were going to admit it or not, you missed the man's company incredibly..

Walking into the bedroom, you slipped out of your uniform and put on a loose-fitting jumper.

"Time to get this crap done I guess..." You opened your handbag, taking out and turning on your laptop.

The blue light made you squint, but you got to work.

////////// 2 hours later, 8pm...

The front door opened, and you unknowingly perked up from the desk, yawning.

Light leaked into the dark room, and you turned rubbing your eyes, "You're finally back..?"

Switching on the light, the man unbuttoned his blazer, "..Yeah, I'm sorry about that.."

"Why should you be? You're a busy guy right..?" You shrugged looking to the floor, "I was just going to sle--"

"-His true passing must've been shocking," He knelt in front of you, "If you want to talk about it, I would be happy to listen.."

'He knew...'

That's when your shadowed eyes turned to gaze into his. The brilliant azure blue, brightening your aching heart each passing second.

"B-But... How did you.." You felt your eyes water, "..I-I don't understand.."

"..For a Cursed Spirit, he never had a trace of anguish or hate, " He explained, "I remember being so confused too.. But then he looked at me, and it all made sense.. You were important."

"I had no idea.. " You held a hand to your forehead crying, "T-This is a lot to process."

"Then take as long as you need, " He took your arm and pulled you in a hug, "Tell me how you're feeling.. I don't want you to hide anything anymore."

Your eyes widened, hands clutching his shirt, and you blinked rapidly, shaking your head,

"Y-You could've said no, " You mumbled, "You could've avoided all this hassle.."

The man tilted his head back, taking in your tear-stained face. He couldn't grasp how you'd label your life as such,

"What hassle?" He sheepishly chuckled, "I was interested in you the first day we met, even without your Grandfather's prompt."

'Satoru..' Your lips parted as he opened up unexpectedly,

"If I'm being honest, since Getou disappeared.. Reaching out to anyone seemed impossible, " He sighed, "..I never saw anyone else as my equal."

'He's been having his own struggles too..' You watched his shoulders slump.

"These eyes could see through everything, and then you showed up, " He smiled a little, "No huge goal.. No belief that you were some unbeaten champion.. You were just a humble girl, with a selfless dream.."

His cheeks turned dark as he carried on,

"It was so frustrating, I couldn't ever figure you out, " He scoffed, looking down, "So from then on, all I wanted to do was chase after you.. I wanted to follow you around because you made life, more than just some predictable sequences of events..."

Was he going to say it first? Or were you?

It was such a delicate moment, you honestly couldn't contain yourself. Emotions all over the place, he made your head spin in adoration...

But what if he didn't reciprocate it fully? It was a big thing, not just something to be rushed...

'What if it was all just a joke..' Your nuisance anxiety played in your mind, 'He's always messing around--'

"I love you, don't worry."

"Satoru...!" You covered your mouth, tears flowing down, "..."

He laughed at your shock, leaning forward, "Hey! You finally started calling me by m--"

Grunting, he fell backwards, his arms stopping you both from fully crashing.

"(Y/n)?" He watched you shake in his lap, tears still dropping.

You wouldn't be alone. He truly loved you. You could rely on him...

"Y-You don't understand.." You blushed, looking down at the man, "How scared I have been.. until now.. that you didn't--"

He reached one hand up to gently hold your head, before finally pulling you down into his lips.

You initially stiffened upon impact, heart racing as your eyes closed. Your hands holding onto his shirt, moved up to his warm cheeks, and he pulled away slowly.

He watched you struggle to catch your breath and smirked sitting up, "You want me to stop..?"

That's when your brow twitched a little, a trademark huff leaving your lips,

"O-Obviously n-not.."

Woooooooop, here we go! 🏁

Are you readyyy? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last chapter incoming! :,)

Thanks for reading!❤
(Like, a lot ^-^)