🌠Chapter 19: The Test

Your pov

"He actually ate it?!" The girl shrieked, shuffling away from Itadori, "Ew ew ewww..."

"Alright, settle down, I'm sure this is where we assess what you can do. " You pointed to the building.

"Nobara, Yuji, you two go in there and exorcise the Curse inside, " Gojou ordered, earning a distrusting grunt from Kugizaki.

"Think of this as a field test." You added, rocking on your heels and toes.

"Wait, but I thought only Curses could exorcise Curses right?" Itadori asked in confusion, "I can't use any Jujutsu yet."

Gojou explains how Itadori is already half a Curse, but hands him a sword to help him learn to control his energy.

"Slaughter Demon, " You identified the cursed tool, "That's a weapon infused with cursed energy. It should do the trick for you!"

"Lame." Kugizaki huffed, fixing her equipment belt before heading into the building.

"Oh, and one more thing Yuji! " Gojou called, "Don't let Sukuna out. If you use him you'll get rid of all the Curses in a flash."

"Not to mention you'll drag civilians into it too..." You add in as the boy nodded.

"Got it, I won't let him out!" He ran ahead after Kugizaki called him from inside.

This left you with Gojou and Fushiguro, all three of you sitting down on a bench. Soon, Chou had returned with the dead rat Curse in his mouth.

Your eyes lit up, "Nice Chou!"

He dropped it in front you, and you picked it up by the tail. Holding out your other palm, a small black void appeared and you dropped the rat in.

"What the.." Fushiguro looked disgusted at this, "Did you just absorb that, (L/n)-Sensei?"

"Hm? Oh, " You shook your hands, "I converted it to positive energy.. It's just a little handy reserve of healing and extra cursed energy!"

"O-Oh.. Right.." He blinked, leaning back on the wall, "I've never seen that method."

"That's our good old (Y/n)! "  You jumped when a dreaded hand landed onto your head once again, "Such a talented girl~"

"Have you no respect!?" You shrieked as he held your face, "Insolent..."

"I think should go too..." The teen stated looking at the ground, "They might need help."

"Hm?" Gojou let go of your cheeks, "Don't push yourself Fushiguro, you're still recovering."

You couldn't help but notice the little worried glint in the boy's eyes, 'He must really care...'

"But Yuji does seem like he's one to watch out for, " You looked up at Gojou as he spoke, " Even if it might be a deadly fight against Curses, he always gives his all."

"So before all of this, he was just a regular student right?" You asked and he nodded, "That's a huge jump in responsibility.. It's commendable."

You knew some professional Sorcerers that still struggled with the grotesque reality of killing Curses. The boy was special..

"That's right, and I know you can tell too, Megumi." He turned to the boy, and smiled, "Today I want to also see if she's crazy enough too.."

'Nobara..?'

////////

About thirty minutes later, you all jumped at the loud sound of the walls above being crashed through.

Looking up, without hesitation, you touched your temples, ready to attack.

Fushiguro also readied his hand sign, "I'll exorcise it."

"Wait, you guys, " Gojou leant forward with a serious frown.

In seconds, the furry Curse flinched midair, multiple metal spikes protruding from it's body. And just like that, it disintegrated in the air.

"Nice..!" You dropped your hands, sighing in relief, "Was that Kugizaki!"

"She really is crazy.." Gojou grinned happy with the end result.

A few moments later, both Itadori and Kugizaki returned outside with the rescued boy. He was escorted home to his worried parents and work was finished for the day..

"Good work guys!!" Gojou called with a huge smile, "Let's go eat now!"

"I want steak!!" Itadori yelled, pointing to the sky.

"SUSHI." The ginger added with just as much energy.

"How enthusiastic, " You laughed turning to get your suitcase with Chou.

"What do you want, Fushiguro?" Gojou asked the idle boy, only to recieve no responce.

He was instead busy flicking through his phone at a snail's pace. Everyone walked ahead and you sighed, joining them.

"What's up with him?" Itadori crossed his arms over the back of his head.

Kugizaki smirked, covering her mouth, "He's probably moody because he didn't get to fight too, what a child~"

This made the said boy jump, looking ahead at how far you had all left him.

"Oi.." He called, walking fast to catch up.

First day done!

Oh yeah, I fell asleep last night... 😂
But there's the daily chapter :3

Thank you for the 2k reads too!🥂🧁

Thanks for reading! ❤